2007 Infiniti G35X Pads and Rotors

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
RichyRich350GT
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35X

Hi, I'm planning to change my pads and rotors on all sides and I was wondering if there are any tips or diy's that I can reference. I have a 2007 Infiniti G35X, just standard type brakes, not sport or anything like that.

Also, I was thinking of painting the calipers while I'm at it so any tips on that would be greatly appreciated as well.

THANKS!

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Painting the calipers is pretty straight forward. Pull them off, clean the hell out of them, then paint with high temp paint. They also make a specific paint for calipers. Not sure if it's any better than high temp, but worth looking into.

The only tip I have, is one learned the hard way. Always, no matter what anyone says, always put anti squeal on the backs of the pads. Don't forget to do this. If you don't, the pads tip in and drag on the rotors. Then you pull all four corners off and redo the job, with the anti squeal.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”