2007 hatchback - need to replace some armrests

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
mvalpreda

I have a 2007 Versa hatchback and the vinyl or whatever is starting to crack and peel really bad on the center console between the front seats as well as the drivers front door arm rest. My interior is the dark blue color (or at least it looks dark blue to me!)

Will this be a drop in replacement for the center console?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-For-Nissan-T ... f8&vxp=mtr

I'm having a hard time finding the front drivers door arm rest. Thinking I might have to get a whole door panel. I am only seeing beige and charcoal though. No blue?

Or is there something better I should be looking at? I'm not seeing anything OEM and I am sure it will be $$$ through the dealer. I have 160k miles on her and there's not much use in spending a ton on my little beater. The cracking is just uncomfortable against my arms.

Thanks for any input.

Tacuvito
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

Try the junk yards. I was looking at panels some time back and they quoted me 200 for all four. They would not sell me just one door panel, that was the bit that sucked. I don't know where you live, but junk yards will be your best bet if you don't want to spend a lot of money.

The other options is trying your hand at upholstery. I have seen threads where people have covered their arm rest with a different fabric.

My last suggestion is check out Carmax. They have a deal with Katzkin and they will replace all your cloth upholstery with leather, and for what the sales rep told me, also the upholstery on the door panels for about $1,200. I was going to buy a minivan from them but the interior was a beige color and I have kids. The sales rep told me about that partnership between Carmax and Katzkin. I asked the rep about the door panels since these were also covered with that beige cloth and the guy told me that Katzkin also replaced the upholstery on the door panels. I know it might not be cheap, but it is an option.

Return to “Versa General Chat”