2007 G35x headlights

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
spinfiniti
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35x w/ Tech Pkg

Hello, my son just got his first car (2007 G35x with technology package). Unfortunately about a week later the headlights stopped working. We brought it to be looked at and were told the ballast is shorting on the inside on both sides. They said it will need a whole new headlight assembly which would run around $1,600 each. They said you cannot put an aftermarket assembly in because it will put a light on the dash and we would not be able to get the car inspected. Does anyone have any experiences with this that could offer some advice? I appreciate any help or recommendations.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If halogen housings are even available (I don't think they are), the only way to get rid of the warning lights would be to extract the AFS and levelizer actuators from the old housings and leave them connected in the car. I think you'll be better served just ditching the xenon hardware and installing a D2S-to-LED conversion kit. The high beam focuser may not work exactly right depending on the LED design, but at least you'll be permanently rid of pesky xenon problems.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”