2007 Frontier - partial Titan-swap CV out and parts mismatch

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
optictaos
Car: 2007 Frontier 4WD NISMO 4.0

Greetings -- this is my first post so hopefully I haven't missed this thread elsewhere...

I have a 2007 Frontier 4WD NISMO 4.0 -- I'm the 2nd owner and the original owner did a 2" lift and partial Titan-swap on the front end (kept R180 diff, swapped control arms, put in hiem steering, etc and extended axles) -- I rebuilt almost everything on the front end last winter with the exception of the half axles with the intention of doing them later when funds allowed. Over the past few weeks my passenger side has been rattling and clattering a lot lately so I took the front end apart again and removed the passenger CV axle assembly and there was an insane amount of play in the diff side CV joint (like a dead fish) -- I disassembled it and all the ball bearings immediately fell out of the race, so it's worn to crap.

Now I'm having a heck of a time finding the proper parts to get this back together -- according to some of the aftermarket extended axle fabricators, I need OEM CV assemblies to then swap out the stock axle with the extended -- only problem is, now that I've failed with an aftermarket and have an OEM spec Value Advantage range Nissan part -- the axle diameter and spline counts do not match -- that and the joint structure is entirely different (weird 3-way race rather than gyroscopic). I've attached a photo -- the extended axle and blown CV from my rig are on the left and the "OEM" replacement on the right :wtf2:

Any leads or experiential know how on how to resolve this would be much appreciated so I don't spend another 2 weeks with my truck on jack stands and fumbling about with parts that don't work.
Attachments
20200427_142656_HDR_2.jpg

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”