2007 base m35 Audio solution

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
SeveLampley
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35-k23 silver, 5 stage paint correction, 2 ceramic coats, full bolt on, uprev tuned, d&s rotors, hawks hs1 pads, dot 5.1 steel lines

Hi I recently bought my second Infiniti, an 07 m35 base (prev 2008 m35x with higher miles) I was so used to the aux/rca port on my old one and enjoyed the crisp music through phone, When I bought this car I noticed it didn’t have the rca hook up in the rear center console. There appears to be no entrance into the car speaker system. I am left using a fm transmitter that always seems to distort my audio and overall provide lack luster sound. Is there any other way to get music into the vehicle other than radio or cds. This car is pretty base tech wise and has none of the extra things. Any solutions or alternatives would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MM...Good
Car: 2006 M35x - totaled :(
2007 M35X - Rein"car"nated!! Premium, Advanced Tech, Journey and Aero Package
2013 G37 Convertible - SOLD.
1993 Miata - Zoom Zoom
1999 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

I thought they finally got Bluetooth capability from your phone to the radio with the 2008 M, thus negating the need for the RCA input. The 2006 and 2007 years did not have that capability. My 2007 is completely loaded but I still have to use the RCA inputs in the rear of the console with a 3.5MM to lightning adapter to hook up my iPhone. The sound quality is just OK - I have to crank the volume on the phone and stereo to get it loud. Also, it doesn't fire the speakers in the seats using this method. Those only seem to work with certain CD's or DVD's if I play movies. If you don't even have the RCA hook up, I'm not certain what your options are short of installing a GROM audio unit and those will run you close to $600.

SeveLampley
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35-k23 silver, 5 stage paint correction, 2 ceramic coats, full bolt on, uprev tuned, d&s rotors, hawks hs1 pads, dot 5.1 steel lines

MM...Good wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:54 pm
I thought they finally got Bluetooth capability from your phone to the radio with the 2008 M, thus negating the need for the RCA input. The 2006 and 2007 years did not have that capability. My 2007 is completely loaded but I still have to use the RCA inputs in the rear of the console with a 3.5MM to lightning adapter to hook up my iPhone. The sound quality is just OK - I have to crank the volume on the phone and stereo to get it loud. Also, it doesn't fire the speakers in the seats using this method. Those only seem to work with certain CD's or DVD's if I play movies. If you don't even have the RCA hook up, I'm not certain what your options are short of installing a GROM audio unit and those will run you close to $600.
What about the usaspec bt45, I hear a lot about them, I just don’t know if it would work for a base model or if u need the sat as an option.

MM...Good
Car: 2006 M35x - totaled :(
2007 M35X - Rein"car"nated!! Premium, Advanced Tech, Journey and Aero Package
2013 G37 Convertible - SOLD.
1993 Miata - Zoom Zoom
1999 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

I think it will work with or with SAT as an option but based on the reviews on Amazon, I don't know if its a viable long term option. It is certainly a reasonably priced option if it works for you. Anyone with experience using it? please chime in.

midnightclub619
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

It does work with and without the Satelitte radio. My M has he Satellite option so it has an extra harness to connect to it but you don't have to use it if your M doesn't have the SAT option. I installed mine back in Sept 2018 and haven't had any issues with mine. The sound is really good IMO but I leave that to your taste in sound. It also comes with a mic so you can hook up the mic if you want to use the handsfree option for phone calls with this device.

USA SPEC BT45-INFI
https://www.amazon.com/USA-BT45-INFI-Bl ... 686&sr=8-3

I also purchased an extension cable that connects to this device and you can run it to your center console. It's a USB 3.0, 3.5mm Aux input. The USB is only for charging doesn't play music. I installed just in case i needed it but it is not necessary for basic functionality of the USA SPEC bluetooth unit

but for your reference if you want

https://www.amazon.com/BATIGE-USB3-0-Ex ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

Hope this helps. good luck

SeveLampley

midnightclub619 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:41 pm
It does work with and without the Satelitte radio. My M has he Satellite option so it has an extra harness to connect to it but you don't have to use it if your M doesn't have the SAT option. I installed mine back in Sept 2018 and haven't had any issues with mine. The sound is really good IMO but I leave that to your taste in sound. It also comes with a mic so you can hook up the mic if you want to use the handsfree option for phone calls with this device.

USA SPEC BT45-INFI
https://www.amazon.com/USA-BT45-INFI-Bl ... 686&sr=8-3

I also purchased an extension cable that connects to this device and you can run it to your center console. It's a USB 3.0, 3.5mm Aux input. The USB is only for charging doesn't play music. I installed just in case i needed it but it is not necessary for basic functionality of the USA SPEC bluetooth unit

but for your reference if you want

https://www.amazon.com/BATIGE-USB3-0-Ex ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

Hope this helps. good luck
So my car not having the XM option, does it make this essentially a fm transmitter, or what, I’m kinda overall confused about this device as a whole. How crisp is the sound quality from it and what does it do essentially?

midnightclub619
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

I believe it would behave in that way if you didn't have the SAT option. Here is more info from the manufac website

https://www.usaspec.com/p-318-bt45-infi.aspx

The sound is crisp, I don't have any sound loss due to the device. it has functionality where you connect this and it would also act as a Bluetooth connection. You would assign a preset on your stock HU and connect to it when you turn on the car. There are also Youtube videos on the install and how to set it up. I haven't had any issues with it since the install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2HF0yqHmow

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”