2007 Altima....my opinion on various trim models

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Hey everyone, figured I'd post up a little bit of info on the 07 Altima since I've driven the different trim models (S, SL, 2.5, 3.5, etc) as I've done the PDI's (pre delivery inspection) at the dealership.

First off the styling is very nice. I was a big fan of the 02-06 Altima but I think the refreshing only further improves the car. The front end is a little too much camry for me but I really like the new tail lights and the more cury rear. The dual exhaust that is standard on all models looks nice as well.

Power....the power seems about the same but the car feels a little more peppy when driven back to back with an 06 model. The 2.5 doesn't feel underpowered at all and the 3.5 is a lot of fun. Traction is good on both models, handling is good, etc.

Options.....a fully loaded Altima has a lot more luxury than it ever has before. One of the 07's that came in on the truck had a touchscreen radio and the screen tilted for perfect viewing position (very cool!). Also you can get the rear view camera, navigation, etc. The intelligent key system is nice with the push button starting system.

Pics and info on it can be found here http://www.nissanusa.com/altima07/

If you guys have any questions about how to do anything specifically or what not feel free to ask me. I work on them all the time

gcatschew
Car: Altima 05

I own an 05 Altima, purchased new. At the time of purchase, I was not told about engine break-in miles. Now that I am ready to purchase the 07 Altima, the salesperson is telling me about break-in miles. I am being told that I should not drive the vehicle over 55 mph for the first 500 miles. Do you know if that is Nissan's recommendation? I thought break-in miles was a thing of the past.

honda_killer240
Car: 90 Piggy coupe

first off where r u shopping, i work at abc nissan off of camleback if u wanna come deal with a nico member, and 2 i have not been told about any brake in miles on it, im looking at the 07 alti 3.5 my self

LA02MAX
Car: 2002 6-speed maxima

whoever told you that had no clue what he was talking about. The break in should go like this:

Do not keep the car at a constant speed for too long...try to vary the speed on the highway, etc.

Do all types of different driving such as aggressive, conservative, etc.

Use fairly abrupt throttle inputs. This allows the rings to seat better/quicker

Change the oil often within the first 2000 miles with conventional, non-synthetic oil (i would change it at 500, 1000, and 2000 miles) and after that begin the regular 3000 mile intervals

Anyway, the new altima is looking real good right now. I hopped in one the other day, and I really think that it took over the role the earlier maximas were playing. I'm currently waiting to test drive a 6-speed 3.5 so we'll see what happens.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”