2007 altima 2.5 transmission only taking reverse

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
bigbucks
Car: 2007 nissan altima 2.5

i just change my tranny & replaced it with one that came out of a wrecked car. the car was hit in the back & had no front end damage & only had 3k miles but when i put it in drive nothing happens, when it is in reverse it works perfect, i did had to cut & splice the wire harness that plugs into the transmission because the wire in my car was damage, i am sure all the wires were put together correctly because they are color coded, but i am not saying that the wiring is not the problem , if anyone no what the problem is help me please....thanks in advance for your help

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

I'm not really sure if CVT's are just plug and play like that...

Why did you change tranny's?

bigbucks

i bought my car wrecked at a auction & the transmission was damage & the wire harness that connects to the transmission was also damage i got the wires mended back but not sure if i should just buy a new wire harness

bigbucks

thanks guys i finally got it working it was only the cable needed ajusting i felt like beating my mechanic but was too glad to see it finally drive.....all i did was read the service manual & went thru the steps until i got it

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”