2007 350 Z oil change interval

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
johnhermes
Car: 2007 Nissan 350 Z

The manual is pretty light on this, how often are you changing your full synthetic oil and filter? Just curious, I just changed mine. On my wife's accord, we go 7500 miles, but thinking a performance engine may be a good bit less.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

With a good syn oil you can go that long easy.

To show what CAN be done if you get crazy about it, I do no high-perf but 3 cars running at all times and 2 of them over 200K miles and still using Walmart conventional and worked up to 9000 OCIs now after many years of 7000 and zero issues. I though do NOT run lightweight mileage oils at all. Running either 15-40 or 10-30 depending on when I change it, a seasonal thing.

On the Versa I came up with an oil filter much bigger than the OEM and cheaper as well. Thinking it will work on the Altima too but I think I have to remove a raised casting wall beside it for clearance.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Welcome to NICO!

The OE I believe states 5000 between oil changes. I have an 06 with 170k miles on it, and I autocross it. I change the oil every 2500 miles, just cheap insurance from where I sit.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

After years in parts and wrenching on 100% of everything I own I have come to the conclusion that much of that insurance is on the owner rather than the car. No intent to belittle or insult anyone at all, just my personal thoughts on it.

I used to build high-perf cars and bikes of every ilk and lots of drag cars and then when I had to move away from that due to family I turned all the obsessive/compulsive I had over it into micromanaging my cars into turning them into profit generators while at the same time retraining myself instead of from simply being a parts changer into a parts fixer and I often use the same broken parts over with only a minute amount of mod and money in them to again serve a long life. My time is free in essence so I spend a lot of it thinking about how to resolve issues before I physically do it and the delay results in almost everything I mod working correctly and forever.

The same thinking applies to oil, most of it is wasted and while at the parts store I began to save some of the to-be-recycled oil people brought in for myself if they were the type to change it at say 2500 miles. It works fantastic in say mowers and chainsaw bar lube and in the oil squirt cans and I even used the better as refill for say engine needing more but only a couple weeks until the oil change. FREE OIL and often of the highest grade and it makes money out of thin air doing it.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”