2006 Tiida

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
bwilko
Car: 2006 Tiida

Hi all,
I'm a newbie as I've not long grabbed a 2006 Tiida as a second car/runabout. We live 50Km's from the nearest major town so I use this to get to golf etc. and that way my wife still has her own transport should she need it.

Recently the engine light has been coming on so I've had a diagnostic done twice and on both occasions the only error that has shown up has been 'the neutral switch has not been activated'. This is somewhat confusing as this vehicle has the 6 speed manual gearbox. To further compound the problem whenever the engine light is on I'm unable to change stations on the head unit nor am I able to switch from FM to AM or vice versa. Basically none of the push buttons work. The only control I have is the volume as this is a dial.

Has anyone encountered this before and if so what is the quickest and easiest fix? Is it the engine management or maybe a fault in the head unit?

Thanks
Bob W.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

That sounds very strange indeed. Usually when electronics act strangely like that, there's a grounding issue or voltage issue.
Are the lights on the head unit dimmer when the problem exists?

bwilko
Car: 2006 Tiida

So sorry for not replying sooner PapaSmurf but we've had some family illness and have been away.
In answer to your question, no all lights seemed to be working as usual, but as I've been away I took the vehicle to an auto electrician as soon as we arrived home and they said this model does in fact have a 'neutral switch' and that it had tested faulty. I had this replaced and the engine management light problem was fixed however, I was still having trouble with the head unit so switched it out for a new unit with Bluetooth etc and have had no further issues with it.

I now have an issue with the heater/air con. fan as it will occasionally refuse to switch on. It would seem I have further electronic worries.

Return to “General Chat”