2006 Sport: Where to get a used 19 x 8.5 5-double spoke wheel?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
tacomaguy20
Car: 2006 m35 sport

So I was in an accident and it damaged one of my wheels beyond repair. I've been driving on it but only for short trips in town. I do not want to dump a bunch of money into my car fixing it up after the accident but it still runs pretty well, it's mostly just cosmetic damage so I'd like a straight wheel to drive on until I decide to buy something new. The problem is all of the new/refurbished rims are 350-400 dollars and I'd rather not spend that money. A used rim would be fine. Anybody found a good place to get a used rim or has an extra sitting around for some reason? I checked the local junk yards but no luck.

tacomaguy20

So just in case anybody else is looking, shortly after I posted this I found out that row52 allows you to post ads for items you are searching for and part pickers from salvage yards around the country will contact you if they have the part available. I was able to get a used decent looking rim for $200. Ones in worse shape were 185 I was told. I should have it in about a week and I'll let you know if it's satisfactory.

EdBwoy

Thank you for sharing, I hadn't heard of Row52 although I was familiar with the process where the potential buyer actively scans junkyard inventories through sites like car-parts.com.

I hope everything turned out OK

tacomaguy20

Just to let you know. I ended up using a company called highland auto parts and I was told I was getting one rim and was sent another. If you use the site, be wary of this company. I got one in a lot worse shape than I bought and I'm trying to get a refund now. They initially told me I would have to pay for shipping to return it and/or a restocking fee but it was them who sent the wrong rim.

*edit* It does look like they got the rim from car-part.com as I recognize one of the replacements they were going to send me. It's listed for 1/2 the price that I was going to pay. I wish I knew about this website initially, it would have saved me a headache.

tacomaguy20

I have an additional question, I'm realizing that most of the rims for this model are alloy and mine is chrome (hard to tell by the picture) but I called Infiniti and they were not able to confirm that chrome wheels were factory OEM and I'm having a hard time finding one. Can anybody confirm if Chrome 19 x 8.5 of the 5-double spoke (like the picture above) was a factory installed rim instead of aftermarket. I bought the car 2 years old.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”