2006 Sentra Transmission Drain Plug

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
crackhammer
Car: Nissan Sentra 2006 1.8S Special Edition

Hello folks,

I changed transmission fluid today. I followed the directions from one of the YouTube videos. I also checked FSM to be sure, I am dealing with right plug.

A couple of questions,
- Does Transmission drain plug work in opposite direction that of the oil drain plug? The rule is, lefty loosy, righty tighty. The drain plug of my transmission was exactly opposite. Quite confused me.
- Following is how the drain plug looked like. It doesn't look like OEM because the size required was different than what is suggested on the board. I used 19mm socket.

Can anyone confirm this is a non-OEM drain plug for transmission and size of the OEM drain plug?

Many thanks in advance.

crackhammer

A quick update, for those who will stop by here in future with the same questions.

I changed transmission fluid again this weekend and I confirm that the transmission plug works in opposite direction of the general rule.
This transmission plug IS OEM. I got the new one just to make sure that this one is OEM and my understanding of the threads is correct.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

That would be counter to virtually every other manufacturer and method used on the planet. Not impossible of course. I immediately wonder how many of them get stripped out by the oil change places...........the norm on trans plugs is same as any other. Right hand thread.

Pic a pic of that part dead on from the side, it looks like a RH thread to me and NOT backward. But you have to see it straight on sideways.

crackhammer

Right. First, I freaked out that I opened incorrect valve. God knows how many times I must have said "lefty loosy, righty tighty" but no matter how much I follow this rule, the valve wouldn't budge, even with the breaker bar. Then I was like, can't be this tight, try opposite way and turned very easily.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”