2006 Sentra Evaporator core removal/cleaning

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
crackhammer
Car: Nissan Sentra 2006 1.8S Special Edition

Hello folks,

AC in my car isn't working for almost 2 years now. I don't want to get it fixed for the costs involved but when I turn on the fan, it smells mildew. I tried spraying lysol spray through inlets as many YouTube videos showed but it didn't change a bit. My son is highly allergic to mold and mildew. Now the situation is, he can not ride in my car because immediately I turn on the fan, he starts sneezing like crazy.

I checked FSM but I am not very clear if its on the driver's side or the passenger side. I removed the center panel but could not find anything that resembled the evaporator core.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

How's this coming along? Is there an air filter for the climate system? I'd start there. If it's beyond the filter, I think you might need to pull out a lot of the climate system and clean it's internal parts. The EVAP Core is nestled deep into the black boxes under the dash and is piped through the firewall, so it's kind of stuck in there pretty good. It won't be an easy task and likely involved removing the dash board, gauge cluster, and glove box.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”