2006 Rear Passenger Door Locked Shut - Broken Mechanism - HELP

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
jasonbmitchell
Car: 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE

The lock on the left-rear door on my 2006 Pathfinder stopped working and the door is locked shut. I was able to remove the inner panel and parts to access the power door lock unit, cables, etc. (no small feat with the door locked shut). I did get the door open once by pulling the cable and latch at the same time. I made the mistake of thinking if I did that once, I could do it again -- no dice. I now have the door shut and locked with no way to open it again.

Here is a video I took showing the sad state of affairs: https://vimeo.com/382224714

It seems like my only option is to rip the lock mechanism apart from the inside (no fun at all). That would involve cutters, a hammer and whatever else I can squeeze into that small space until I can figure out a way to unlock it. Here's the part I need:

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/n ... AUTO;6=LE)

Any thoughts on alternatives to doing a destruction mission?

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Looks like most auto door locks with the inside door handle wire that you pulled to disengage the latch and open the door and the other wire on the inside mechanical switch that disengages and engages the lock mechanism. Normally, the inside handle would disengage the lock mechanism at the same time you pull the handle to disengage the latch. It's a puzzle of interlocks. Try pulling on the lock wire to disengage the lock and then do what you did with pulling the inside handle wire to disengage the latch and open the door. Don't beat it up. It's just a puzzle with a piece that no longer falls into place on its own.

jasonbmitchell
Car: 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Just popped off the plastic cover and the whole mechanism is right there. Opened it right up. Not as bad as I imagined. Part is ordered and I’ll have it all fixed next week!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”