2006 quest timing chain replacement with motor in vehicle

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Bkrieger1
Car: 2006 Nisan quest
2006 Nissan pathfinder

Hey guys, new to the forum here. Looks like there is a lot of great info on this site. I'm am going to tackle the primary timing chain tensioner and guide this weekend on my 2006 quest. I'm just wanting to know if the motor absolutely has to be pulled to do the job? And also are there any tips or tricks I need to know before doing it? I'm pretty good with my tools so go ahead give me all suggestions up front,lol. How long does it take you guys to do this job who have done them on the quest? Just looking for a little input and help cause my wife needs the van so it can't be down for more than 4 days or so. Also if you have pics or videos of this job being done with the motor in the quest I would really appreciate if you would share them. Thanks a lot !!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

It would definitely be a pain in the vehicle, but you can probably gain some access by pulling the radiator and fans.

The factory service manual might have a how-to in it as well:
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/use-ni ... abase.html

hman
Car: 2007 Nissan Quest

I haven't done it yet, but I did see a video on replacing the timing chain where he pulled the right front fender off the car to do it without pulling the motor. I am not sure what's worse. Maybe the fender comes off easily? I haven't tried it. YET.

Chris

Return to “Quest Forum”