2006 M45 rod knock

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
SF2006M45
Car: 2006 m45 sport

it appears my engine has a rod knock and i am now in between a rock and a hard place. I love my car but i will need to replace the motor (unless there is another solution). I am curious if any infiniti mechanics have suggestions for me and/or know of a place to buy a used motor. I believe the motor is a vk45de. I appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

I've bought motors and transmissions on Ebay before and always had a good experience. Unfortunately, it looks like prices are way up since last I looked, almost double now for used ones than what they were 5-6 years ago.

I doubt it would be any cheaper to repair your current engine. Aftermarket oversized pistons and other parts are very expensive for that motor since it is so uncommon.

EdBwoy

eBay was a good source when I was replacing M45 engines more regularly. I could get a low-mileage unit for under $1500 to my door, switch a few parts around and keep it moving.

The prices have risen since, but I'd still check eBay along with car-parts.com
Regardless of the price to buy a replacement, the cost of labor to repair/rebuild an engine is quite high.

If you can spare some time, check out this video to guide you in your process if you choose to go the replacement route:

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”