2006 M45 Front End Noise

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
cdhaze
Car: 2006 INF M45

Just wondering if any other M35/M45 owners out there have had any issues with noise apparently coming from the front end. I constantly hear a "thud" in the driver's side front suspension and my local dealer has stated that they hear the noise but can not pinpoint it. My 45 sport was in the shop over 1 week for this issue, but all the dealership was able to do was dent my fender. If anyone has had similar problems I would love to hear about them and any possible fixes for the noise. The noise occurs at low speeds over small cracks/potholes in the pavement.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO.

I have to admit that I have no idea what this could be, so I hope that some people chime in with possibilities!

Z

infinititech1

sounds like maybe a strut mount being loose to me...but i can't hear it so don't take my word

cdhaze
Car: 2006 INF M45

The dealership thought that the noise was coming somewhere from the headlight and they attempted to send it to the body shop to "let them see if they could fix it." They could not fix the noise which is obvioulsy not coming from the headlight. They even removed my front license plate to see if that was where the noise was coming from. Anyway, I agree with the idea of a strut mount, but they stated they had the entire front end broken down and reassembled with no evidence of wear. I saw some earlier posts about nosie when accelerating but this noise seems to be only over small bumps/potholes. I appreciate all of your input.

Car: FX45 & M45 Sport

I have an 06 M45 sport with the same noise that occurs from the front end at low speeds over small cracks/potholes in the pavement. It sounds like a thud/vibration from a plastic piece and not the suspension.

Infiniti has the worst service in the industry! I'll just live with the problem rather than have my car in the shop for weeks while they dent and scratch everything. Don't even waste you time with Consumer Affairs and the Tech Line, they just tell you your full of sh#%. This is exactly why I will never purchase another Nissan product. You pay the luxury car price and get the local used car dealership service.

impreziv
Car: 1990 Skyline GTR

Post edited and essentially deleted by Moderator for unnecessary and completely uncalled-for flame.

Please read the FAQ and look at the third item bolded below: zer...moved

My post / thread disappeared - What happened?

While the NICO Administration tries very hard to avoid censoring or removing posts, posts or threads can be removed for any number of reasons. The most common reasons are:

1) Linking to a forum that competes with NICO. While this may seem silly, NICO exists due to the enormous flow of traffic that enters the site. Without this, the resource would cease to exist.

2) Posting something inappropriate. In the interests of professionalism, we ask that anything posted on NICO be "PG-13" in nature. There are other sites where "anything goes" and, while we try to avoid censoring content, NICO is not one of them.

3) Flaming, bashing or trolling. A good rule of thumb here is, "if you don't have anything nice / constructive to say, don't say anything." NICO prides itself on being a safe place for all people (newbies and veterans) to learn and share a common interest.

4) Commercial posting. We all hate spam, and spamming our members is a good way to be removed from NICO. Further, if you are a business and you have a product that might be of interest to our members, feel free to contact us. We can't allow commercial posting for non-paying advertisers, but we're very flexible and can design a package that accomodates most business budgets.

5) Political and religious discussions. We've learned from experience that these sorts of threads lead to division and dissent in our family, and we'd prefer to remain cohesive and united in our enthusiasm for cars.

6) Starting a new topic in place of one that you *think* might have been removed by a Moderator for one of the aforementioned reasons is simply bad "netiquette" and will be dealt with appropriately.

Other than that, we're a pretty fun place to spend some time, so come in, soak up some automotive knowledge, have a fun off-topic chat, contribute if you wish, and enjoy being part of the NICO Family - we're glad you're here.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”