2006 M35 Valve Cover gasket job

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
AG-M35
Car: 2006 M35

Wow, This has been a somewhat of a journey. The first real issue in 120K miles. Leaking oil from the PSide valve cover, so they are both getting the treatment.
Today, I got the Plenum off, sealed the ports in the intake and started on the wire loom stays. They really didn't want any of that wiring to move , did they!
Doing the Passenger side first and everything is cleared away from the area , so tomorrow I can remove the valve cover. After that, my intentions are to change the plugs first, which is the reason for this post. I'm not a newby on this type of work, but it's been on the old iron. With the exception of my lawn mower, I have never removed a steel plug from an aluminum head. I know the pitfalls, and cannot embark upon this without throwing out some questions. Those of you who have done this.... what is your advise? Tighten a hair first, then try the lefty-loosey or what? Anyone ever use Kroil? Thanks in advance (More questions to come) :crazy:

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I don't particularly remember having any issues removing plugs with just a lefty loosey and long extension...but it's been like 9 years since I owned a V6 M35.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”