2006 m35 lightbulb replacement

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
mini

Hi, I have searched and not found any information regarding replacement of a front light bulb for a 2006 M35 Infiniti. The Xenon lightbulb burned out and I would like to replace it. Is it difficult because the lights turn with the steering wheel. Is there a manual page that shows how to do it? The dealer wants to charge me $350 for parts and install . It sounds like a lot.Thank you.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Welcome to NICO!

Check out page 75 here.

I'm surprised - some of Infiniti's recent models have instructions that start out with "remove front bumper" so apparently the M is engineered to be a little more maintenence friendly in this regard. The process does not look difficult at all.

The cost of the bulb itself is a good portion of what you've been quoted. You can typically find replacements in the aftermarket much cheaper. You will need either a D2S (if you have projector style lights - I think you do but confirm this) or a D2R for reflector style.

For the bulbs to match you will need to replace both sides with a matching set. As the bulbs age their color tends to shift, so even if you buy a new factory bulb, it won't match your 4 year old bulb on the other side. The factory color is probably somewhere around 4500K. The higher you go the more you will get a blue or even purple hue, and less usable light.

Good luck!

Heath

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”