2006 M35- Info/Navigation Screen not working-Lines

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Guftaar
Car: M35

Hello All,

2006 M35
Info/Navigation Screen not working
Has a few lines going diagonal - right to Left
Backup Camera however works fine
AC Controls work, but cant see settings
Clock works

Is it the screen/LCD or some electrical board, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

If I recall there was a way to enter a diagnostic tool on the screen. I'd search for that and see if that doesn't help narrow it down.

EdBwoy

Guftaar

sorry, to elaborate, Nothing shows on the screen, ONLY when reversing, the screen works otherwise its dark & dim fuzzy lines going diagonal, lines visible at night only or in dark.
LCD is OK since the camera works, not sure what to check for.

EdBwoy

So you're saying you have tried the diagnostic procedure but can't get much from it because the screen isn't showing?

Short of banging on or the top of the screen, I'd suggest disconnecting the plugs that feed the screen. IIRC, all signals feed through the module that is the radio so if it can't display some things it shouldn't display anything else.
I'd have to verify when I get a chance to. Look at the FSM in the AV section to see what feeds the display.

Guftaar

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciated.

Diagnostic - Unable to try, because screen is Totally blank/dark, nothing shows. ONLY time screen comes up when I put the car in reverse, backup camera Feed works. That is all.
BANG - I did bang the top/dashboard, but did not change anything.
Wires REseat - I tried to unplug/replug the wires to the screen, BUT since could not find any pictures/screen/instructions on how to do it, I stopped after taking the CD player out. Are there any instruction with pictures?

Someone told me there is a module, under/behind the glove box that might be bad and if replaced will need to be FLASHED by the dealer. Can anyone confirm this?

EdBwoy

I want to say that accessing the screen is from the top. Remove the speaker grill above, and the vents beside the screen by prying them out.
There is a screw that holds the top of the screen for sure, I can't recall how the sides are held down.

Then, on the module, the only one I can remember being in that region is the bluetooth one. I haven't had or heard of anyone having to replace that, but I don't see why it wouldn't be plug and play.

meekjah
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

Realize this is an older post but my 2006 M35x has this same issue. Did you/anyone ever solve this?

I replaced the display and the issue remained. I completely disconnected the radio and the issue remained. There isn’t a video control module so that can’t be the issue. I’m not sure where the data is coming from that would ‘feed’ the screen. As with the original post, the back up camera shows fine on the display.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EdBwoy

There is an AV/Navi control unit, and it's the one located in the glove box area.

Looking at this with all the clarity that 4 years has given me, the AV unit would be the most logical step to troubleshoot next.
The camera signals bypass it and go straight to the display.

meekjah

Hello EdBwoy!
Thank you for the reply! Are you referring to the ‘unit’ where the Nav DVD would go? There’s also a Bluetooth trademark printed on the front. I figured this was just a DVD player but perhaps there is a controller chip in it as well? I know the BCM is also behind the glove box but don’t believe that would be related.
Incidentally your videos were extremely helpful to me so thanks a bunch!

bringsty

I know this thread is kinda old, but if anyone is still having this issue, here’s how I solved it. I had this exact issue for a while and kinda just accepted that the screen would never work again, but when my cigarette lighter wasn't working, I replaced the fuse for it (#7 on the driver footwell fusebox), the screen immediately started working again upon start. I’m not sure if it’s a series of fuses that needs to be working for the screen to work or if its just the one, but that’s what fixed it for me.

deviationz
Car: 2006 M35x (92k miles as of Jul 2019)

I had this exact same issue for a while. It would take a long time for screen to come on when it was cold outside, sometimes with lines etc. that fixed itself after a while and sometimes it wouldn't come on at all. Mechanic thought it could be new screen needed ($1,800) or new BCM ($4,000). Turns out removing the negative terminal of the battery and letting the computer reset fixed it for me. The screen came on right away. Now to wait and see if that's a permanent fix or not.

Alffie
Car: 2010 M35

For my 2010 35, you cant really see anything on the screen when its bright and sunny. Only when there is a shadow or at evening/night I can see the display. I tried adjusting the brightness and contrast but it doesnt help. One day I noticed a long diagonal scratch on the right side, top to down, the a second smaller one. Looks like if someone took something sharp and scratched it😏

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”