2006 infiniti m35x rotational noise coming from passenger front side.

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
jbatista3
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

what's up guys, lets see if someone has experience this or can help me with this little problem ( hopefully is little lol)

this morning got out of work, warm up my car and started driving, i noticed a clicking noise but not like a cv axle join noise, No vibration on steering wheel or brake pedal. this one was like a rotational clicking noise.turned off the heater, radio and noise didn't go away. i stopped to check if i had anything rubbing or stock in any of the tires and everything was fine. started driving again and the noise slowly came back again ( when i stop the car and started driving again, the noise goes away and comes back) gets louder while i'm driving but i can tell is not from the engine bc i put the car on neutral, rev the engine and the sound stays with the rotation of the car. noise doesn't go away when i hit the brakes or turn, changed front brakes (rotors and pads 4 months ago) . lifted the car and there is not play on any of the tires. that's where i'm at right now on the troubleshooting process.

Any ideas will help. tx guys!!

picoman
Car: 2006 M35X

A light tapping or ticking could be a nail/screw/stone embedded in the tire tread. Just an idea to start with

jbatista3

i checked the tire,found nothing. and the sound is not consistence. goes away when i stop and start driving.

picoman

How old are the tires?
I have some new BFG G-Force that are noisy with the windows down. Kinda drives me nuts but they are good tires otherwise.

Any change in noise during cornering?

jbatista3

tires are in good shape, i would say 75/100. i took the car for another ride to see if i could notice something different. im not used to do sharp turns or fast turns but this time i tried and a clunking noise made presence in the situation lol. again, no vibration on steering wheel or brake pedal. cv axles looks good, no leaks. put the car in reverse, noise goes away, drive the car in manual mode to play with the revs while sound is present and doesn't change, stays with the rotational speed of the car. but definitely sharp turns affect the noise, no vibration noted and goes away with car parked.

Stevem45

I think it sounds like a cv axle. I had one go on my Volvo a month ago, and it looked fine. They don’t always do the same thing when they go bad. Sometimes noise with no vibration, sometimes no noise but with vibration. I’ve experienced both.

jbatista3

tomorow im going to take him to the shop, lets see. i don't discard the cv axle option, about a year ago, we replaced that one with an used one. but this parts are no joke, is not that i can start replacing parts left and right lol fing cv axle cost is kind of high for the year of the car. lol i know i know... is an infiniti...

jbatista3

alright guys, update.... is not the cv axle, tire, brakes, any of that... we found out that my front drive shaft universal joint is going bad and is hitting one side of the transmission...(not good) no aftermarket place has the part, infiniti dealer is charging me 825 bucks for the shaft OEM, amazon has it for 175... i guess she is staying at the shop for a couple of days till i receive the part from amazon...

picoman

wow! it must be really far gone to be rubbing like that. Feel free to post pics, i'd be interested to see how it looks

jbatista3

i will.

MM...Good
Car: 2006 M35x - totaled :(
2007 M35X - Rein"car"nated!! Premium, Advanced Tech, Journey and Aero Package
2013 G37 Convertible - SOLD.
1993 Miata - Zoom Zoom
1999 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

jbatista3 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:39 pm
i will.
How did that repair work out for you? I may have the same issue, although when crawling under the car I tried wiggling both ends of the propeller shaft but there was no play at all. I feel a vibration - not in the wheel but more in the pedals consistently at all speeds. Its really noticeable if I'm coasting about 40 mph without and acceleration strain on the motor. On the highway, the road and wind noise drown it out but its still there. the frequency or "wobble" of the vibration does increase with speed.

raven69david
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45

jbatista3 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:11 pm
alright guys, update.... is not the cv axle, tire, brakes, any of that... we found out that my front drive shaft universal joint is going bad and is hitting one side of the transmission...(not good) no aftermarket place has the part, infiniti dealer is charging me 825 bucks for the shaft OEM, amazon has it for 175... i guess she is staying at the shop for a couple of days till i receive the part from amazon...
Would you happen to have the part number? I just purchased a 2006 with the clicking noise for the front driveshaft and I plan to replace it but I need the part number to make sure I order the right one. Thank you in advance.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”