2006 Infiniti M35x Coolant Type

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
grittyblaize
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

Hello Everyone,

My M35x needs some coolant so I am wondering if I can use what Advanced Auto Parts or Auto Zone has to offer. Would they have any coolant that I can use or I should only be using the coolant from the Infiniti dealer strictly?

Advanced and Auto zone have the prestone, car quest, and peak brand. I read some where the coolant is blue. Cars so damn dry it's hard to tell lol.

Thanks in advance for any feedback! Much appreciated!

EdBwoy

Yes, you can use store bought coolant. I use the green Prestone coolant. Make sure whatever you buy is ethylene glycol based like Nissan OEM stuff, but it is much easier to buy the correct coolant from a dealership.
Use color as a guide, not as a rule -
should-you-use-blue-or-green-coolant-ye ... 22612.html

Also, any idea where your coolant went to?

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I'm with Ed on this. It's best NOT to go by color alone. As it happens, the long life OEM Nissan coolant is blue #L25500P - it is already diluted 50/50 as required. Nissan also makes a green coolant that is 100% concentrated and must be diluted before use. Perhaps Ed can clarify, but I believe the green coolant is made for ATVs, utility vehicles, motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc. Not sure if the green coolant is best for your car engine.
You can buy Nissan coolant anywhere - Ebay, Amazon, etc for about $20 per gallon. The dealer is a good place to get it too, but make sure they don't try to charge their usual mark-up and hit you for $40 or some ridiculous price.
Either way, I do not recommend using auto parts brands for any of the fluids in your car. I'm not saying they aren't good, or are unsafe. I think of it this way: Even if you pay $5 more per gallon for OEM fluids, it's an expense that comes up every 5 years, so don't sweat it.

grittyblaize

Ok awesome thank you I appreciate the feedback. You know my father in law said the same thing where did your coolant go it's a closed system I must have a leak or something my m35 is on the end of it's life so wouldn't be surprised

grittyblaize

I was able to find a big a** leak which explains the issue. Taking it to a shop.

Appreciate you guys responding!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”