2006 Infiniti M35, Unstable while idle?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
radigan
Car: 2013 M37xS

Hey,

Just wanted to get some feedback on an observation I made recently. I noticed that while I had the car in park, idling, i would feel a 'jerk' movement. Not only once, but several times. Its as if the engine moved for a split second and cause the entire car to jerk slightly. Its not that noticable if you have other things going on but if you take off your music and just sat there listening for any kind of weird sounds, you can feel it. Any ideas as to what this might be?

Thanks.

KenstyleM35
Car: 2006 Infinit M35

I have the same proplem too.

Jim

MarkinATL
Car: Infiniti M35

I haven't noticed this problem with my 2006 M35, but my old Acura TL-S would do almost the same thing when the A/C unit would kick in. Basically, the compressor kicking in would cause the engine idle to 'jump', and would actually jerk the car forward slightly. I haven't noticed this problem with the M ... but try turning off the 'auto' setting on heat/air and see if the problem continues. Just a thought?

radigan
Car: 2013 M37xS

I have everything turned off. there should be no reason for it to exhibit 'jerky' movements. I called my service guy and he said that if it was anything serious, the engine light would come on. I am still skeptical about this. From experience, its usually from bad spark plugs, but that shouldnt be the case here.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Very strange. I would suggest taking it in to the dealer and demonstrating it to them.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”