2006 infiniti m35 navi screen wont come on

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
josejulio
Car: 2007 infiniti m45 sport

I did a swap for navigation in my car and im pretty sure i hooked up everything right but for some reason my radio navi screen and control wont work. the air blows but i cant adjust the climate control and i can turn on my emergency lights thats the only think works between those three can some one please me correct this problem thanks in advance

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi Jose.

As we don't have the car in front of us and can't see anything...it'll be extremely tough for someone to remotely fix your issue. Your best bet is to trace everything back and make sure everything is securely plugged in, etc.

Vinny2010
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x; 135,000 Miles

Did you try the dim/night settings?

EdBwoy

Can you still adjust the a/c or the radio using voice command?
Which components specifically did you remove and which ones did you install during the swap?

BlackCat81
Car: 2006 M35x
2003 Lexus GX470

Swap as in stock for stock? If I remember right, there are a few connections on the back of the AV unit that are the same, meaning they fit in the spot they weren't designed for. I've run into the issue before on newer models.

josejulio

BlackCat81 wrote:Swap as in stock for stock? If I remember right, there are a few connections on the back of the AV unit that are the same, meaning they fit in the spot they weren't designed for. I've run into the issue before on newer models.
Yes stock for stock I changed from tan to black no navi to navi and i cant control or see anything from the steering wheel to the radio and climate controls the air blows on auto it goes up and down base on the temp in the car.

josejulio

Vinny2010 wrote:Did you try the dim/night settings?
yeah I guess so i dim the lights nothing happens I even switch back to the original no navi my screen still not responding.

josejulio

EdBwoy wrote:Can you still adjust the a/c or the radio using voice command?
Which components specifically did you remove and which ones did you install during the swap?
I stripped the entire car from tan and switched to the sport black I pretty much unconnected everything from the steering wheel across including swap to navigation.

josejulio

heres the link to what im experiencing https://www.facebook.com/jose.c.moore/v ... 724821205/

BlackCat81
2003 Lexus GX470

I'm still confused, did you go from non nav to nav? Or is the only thing you replaced was the interior. If that's the case, the audio video unit is the same as before and you now have issues after putting it back together? The non nav DCU (display) are different from the factory equipped nav cars.

josejulio

BlackCat81 wrote:I'm still confused, did you go from non nav to nav? Or is the only thing you replaced was the interior. If that's the case, the audio video unit is the same as before and you now have issues after putting it back together? The non nav DCU (display) are different from the factory equipped nav cars.
Yes i went from none nav to nav it didnt work as shown in the video then i put the none nav back in the car to see if it was just the navi unit but the original none nav didnt come on either before the swap it worked perfectly fine now its blank :wtf2:

BlackCat81
2003 Lexus GX470

josejulio wrote:
BlackCat81 wrote:I'm still confused, did you go from non nav to nav? Or is the only thing you replaced was the interior. If that's the case, the audio video unit is the same as before and you now have issues after putting it back together? The non nav DCU (display) are different from the factory equipped nav cars.
Yes i went from none nav to nav it didnt work as shown in the video then i put the none nav back in the car to see if it was just the navi unit but the original none nav didnt come on either before the swap it worked perfectly fine now its blank :wtf2:
Verify the connectors are in the right spot and check to make sure you didn't pop a fuse.

josejulio

i got it fixed ground wire wasn't bolted and connector was unplugged behind the vent

hoang5659
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

josejulio wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:34 am
i got it fixed ground wire wasn't bolted and connector was unplugged behind the vent
sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but i am having the same issue. i replaced my screen with a used unit. the screen is just black and i cannot control any of the climate controls, radio, etc. when i put the original unit back in to test, it now does not work. i double checked all the connections and they are solid. i checked all the fuses and none are burnt. can you tell me what ground you are referring to? maybe i missed something when putting it back together. i've taken it apart multiple times now. i am ready to pull out my hair. :mad: haha this 100 degree heat we have in TX doesnt help. thanks in advance for any helpful tips.

M35driver1972
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 sport

I had the same problem and replaced the navigation
Computer in the glove compartment and took care of the problem.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”