2006 Infiniti Cruise Control Problem

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Car: 2006 Infiniti Fx45

Hi all, I currently own a 2006 FX45 with now 134k on it and it has a cruise control that doesn't engage, no light on dash or anything else. Its been this way since i bought it. The guy before me said it was because of the uprev tune. Had my ecu reflashed by a dealer and still nothing. Took it to a different dealer they said it was the steering wheel switch. Replaced that it still doesn't work Thinking its the control module but thought I would ask first maybe someone on here has experience?
Please let me know if you've faced a similar problem or have an idea for a solution.
Thank you

Car: 2006 Infiniti Fx45

Also its not equipped with icc. Just a standard cc.

DinGu BinGo
Car: 2008 Fx35

0645 wrote:Hi all, I currently own a 2006 FX45 with now 134k on it and it has a cruise control that doesn't engage, no light on dash or anything else. Its been this way since i bought it. The guy before me said it was because of the uprev tune. Had my ecu reflashed by a dealer and still nothing. Took it to a different dealer they said it was the steering wheel switch. Replaced that it still doesn't work Thinking its the control module but thought I would ask first maybe someone on here has experience?
Please let me know if you've faced a similar problem or have an idea for a solution.
Thank you
I had the same problem with my 08 fx35 no lights on the dashboard as well, changed the switches but came up with empty hands
eventually i just replaced the CLOCK SPRING unit successfully and now cruise control/volume control buttons works like charm
costed me like 140$ ( 90 parts + 50 labor) and its a simple repair if you have the right tools and slightly mechanically inclined you can easily do it

imnprsd
Car: 2004 Infiniti FX45

Suggestion: There are 2 plastic "stops" that crack over time and these things are located on the brake pedal arm. You snap them in place to depress a switch. One switch is for your brake lights and the other switch is for your cruise control.

I believe the upper pad is for the brake light and the bottom is for the cruise control. So if either of these crack and fall to the mat you will see plastic pieces on the floor.

Fortunately you can order these parts on Amazon for ~$5 for four and can replace them yourself. Note: the upper one is barely visible.

The part number for my 2004 FX45 is #46584-5P010. So double check your part number for your make and model, but any car older than 10+ years is subject to this part cracking and causing these problems.

Infiniti sells this part for $15-$20 each. (What a shame.)
Attachments
Break Pedal & Cruse Control Switch Pad.jpg

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”