2006 G35 Sedan -- How to wire parking lights, etc., to IGN?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
GrizzG35
Car: 06 Infiniti G35 Sedan V3.5

New G35 owner (06 Sedan) and very impressed with the VQ engine and the car in general.

Not a lot of experience with auto electrics, so any help on this appreciated.

Fixing up this 06 sedan as a DD for wife & I (now retired) and want to update exterior lighting with *auto-on* for parking, side markers, tail lights, etc, when IGN is in ON position and car is started.

Turn signals would work as usual. (Also changing side markers to switchback turn signals.) DRL's (DIY from ijdmtoy.com or similar) will come later. I really like this little car and want to bring it up to date for both reasons of safety, and to give it a more modern look and maintain value.

So… the first step is to wire / connect parking lights (and other lights on that circuit -- markers, tail, license, etc) to IGN.

I'm guessing there is a way to 'bridge' the connection from an active IGN circuit to the parking light circuit. So the question is, what is the best, safest, most professional (and simplest) way to do this?

I've searched through the various forums and haven't found any good pointers on this. And I have no idea of how / where to connect the parking light circuit to ignition, and do so safely and correctly.

Here is the basic fuse layout.
https://fusecheck.com/infiniti-fuse-box ... se-diagram

Is there a clean simple way to do this within one of the three fuse panels without having to run a lot of wire and multiple taps under the hood or dash? I'm betting someone here has done this.

Thanks for any help and input on this.

--GrizzG35

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

One of those "fuse panels" isn't really a fuse panel. It's a computer called the IPDM and it's what drives your exterior lamps except for the turn signals (the BCM runs those). The IPDM just drives the lamps, the BCM is the boss and sends the IPDM orders via CANbus. So not only isn't there a clean way to do what you want, there's probably no way at all except with a very custom device to "fool" the BCM by spoofing the combination switch array. You can find the diagrams and information on your ride's lighting systems here...
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 6%2Flt.pdf
...and for the IPDM and power bus here:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 6%2Fpg.pdf

GrizzG35
Car: 06 Infiniti G35 Sedan V3.5

Thanks, VStar. New to the forum and Infiniti, but was aware of the manuals and a lot of the other resources on NICO. Was vaguely aware that the BCM might be involved. Thanks for nailing things down for me. I think I'll leave all of that alone for now. Over my pay grade. Adding 3v DRLs and tapping into passenger fuse box shouldn't be a problem.

Love this little car! 16+ years old, but for the most part, in good shape. 3rd owner - 127K. Body clean, and NO miss or hesitation on hard acceleration -- and very responsive. Reminds me of the old small block Chevs & Fords from my misspent youth.

Flushed tran, pwr steering, cooling system, oil change (of course!), tire alignment, replaced dead headlight, wheel well liner, removed radio to replace dead radio fuse (ugh!), and now on to more discretionary stuff. When I get through, I think I might really like this little car.... ; ) Thanks again...!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

:dblthumb:

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”