2006 G35 Navigation and Sirius Questions

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
austinbike

I am considering buying an Infiniti G35 this week and the dealer doesn't have one on the lot with Sirius already installed.

I will buy the premium package, but I need to know the following:

A. Does the stock radio show the artist and song title?

B. Does it scroll?

C. Do I have to press a button every time I want to see this?

D. Can I browse genres?

E. How many pre-sets can I store?

F. If I was to buy the navigation system, would I get a better visual of the data?

G. My wife has a 2006 M35 and I like the satellite radio display, channel, song, artist. If I got the Nav package, would it show all of that on the screen. Maybe it is a cheaper way to get to a nicer display, I can't wait for the 2007, I have to buy a car this week.

Thanks in advance, usable Sirius is a deal breaker for the car.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

Wow! I never new these things could be a deal breaker on a car but to each his own I suppose.

I will tell you based on my '05 G35 coupe. Others can chime in if things have changed for '06 but I don't think so.

A: Yes

B: I can't remember if it scrolls or not. I don't think it does because if it did I would notice as I would find that extremely annoying.

C: You don't have to press a button everytime you want to see it but you do to initially turn the RDS function on.

D: You can browse genres on the satellite radio (I have Sirius as well), I don't know if you can on the radio. Between my ipod and Sirius I am never on the radio.

E: Presets: There are six buttons on the radio itself. You get two FM bands and two Satellite bands (FM1, FM2, SAT1, SAT2) so you can preset 12 channels total FM and 12 Satellite.

F: I don't think you would get a better visual of data with the nav as none of the radio or A/C controls run through the nav screen unless they changed this for 2006 and I don't think they did. I know they updated the looks of the nav screen data for 2006 but I think that was it. Besides the nav in the G is good but the one in the M and FX is much better, meaning better function, voice controls in the M and more user friendly.

G: Answered in F. NO.

The G is an awesome car but if these cosmetic things are a deal breaker for you you might consider an M or FX.

My two cents anyway. Like I said if others know more they will chime in.

Brandon

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”