2006 FX35 engine won't start immediately

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
TB-13
Car: 2006 Infiniti FX35

Hi all,

I have a 2006 FX35 with 135,000 miles on, properly maintained with no major issues all these years that I've owned it. However, 3 months ago I noticed that the car wouldn't start with the first crank. It would take two or three (sometimes more than that) cranks to start. I replaced the battery but the problem was stll there and decided to take it to the mechanic. He said that it was the fuel pump. We replaced the fuel pump but nothing changed. Has anybody else experienced similar issues? If so, any ideas/recommendations?
Thanks in advance!
TB

nosleep
Car: 2014 Qx80

I have this issue with mine as well ( I have 126K on my '06). There is a fuel relearn procedure you can do that will reset the fuel/air mixtures and will help startup, I've done this and it helps. I have to do it again because the problem is starting again. One thing that might help as well - that I've not tried - is cleaning (or replacing) the mass air flow map sensor.

Try these:

2003-2012 Infiniti FX Clear Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control Data
http://infinitihelp.com/diy/fx/projects ... arning.php

Idle Air Volume Learning Procedure
http://infinitihelp.com/diy/fx/projects ... arning.php

nosleep
Car: 2014 Qx80

For what it's worth, I disconnected my battery to install a newer steering wheel and my fx has been starting up without a hiccup since. You can probably get the same benefit from doing the above...Or, just unplug your battery for 15 minutes! :D

Nikos23
Car: 2010 Infiniti FX35

Hi!
2010 Infiniti FX35. Problem with cold starting of the car.
After parking overnight, the car starts the third or fourth time. It just spins without trying to catch.
The temperature outside doesn't have much of an effect.
done in 4 months:
- cleaning the throttle body, cleaning the intake;
- replacement of spark plugs;
- replacement of filters;
- replacement of the fuel pump;
- battery replacement.
Actually nothing helped :)
I didn’t find anything in the diagnostics, except that the A/C amplifier unit does not communicate
When trying to connect, the device hangs.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The most likely culprits for that are the crank sensor or one of the cam sensors. They're often temperature sensitive when they're failing. The magnetic reluctance is stronger once the engine catches and turns faster, so what you get is a balky start but then it runs fine. You should be able to eliminate or implicate the crank sensor by streaming engine speed when it misbehaves. You should see a steady 200~250 RPM's while cranking. If it's zero or jumping all over the place then the CKP isn't reading. There's no good similar way I know about to check cam sensors unless one of them is reading way off on the scanner, they normally both read zero at start and idle.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”