2006 FX-35 Cranks but No Start

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
djpces
Car: 2006 FX-35

On 2 occassions my '06 FX-35 (w/keyless) cranked like it wasn't getting gas but would not start. All other keyless functions worked. After a while on the 1st time, it started. I brought it to the dealer and they checked it out throughly and said they couldn't find anything wrong. They said the diagnostic code indicated something like "failure to recognize key". They also indicated that this would disable the fuel pump. They couldn't explain why all the other keyless functions worked. Disabling the fuel pump made sense since the engine cranked fine but acted like it wasn't getting fuel. After about 5-10 minutes, something must have reset because it started fine. Last week, 1 yr later, I had the same problem but was out of town. Tried to get help from the dealer but they never returned my call. After about 10 minutes, the car started and has started fine ever since. I'm waiting for the dealer service rep to call and discuss as this problem should be diagnoseable. However, I'm trying this forum for help also. Is anyone familiar with the exact link between the fuel pump and the keyless feature? Does it automatically reset in ? minutes when activated? Could it be a computer logic problem? Can I try something different than waiting 10 minutes to get it started immediately?

InfinitiEric

Welcome to NICO! :wavey:

Please tell me because I've forgotten, does the 2006 Infiniti FX35 have a key fob holster near the driver's steering column? If so, try placing your key fob into the holster next time this issue occurs. It sounds to me like there is some communication error between your key fob and the vehicle's receiver and placing the fob into the holster should solve this issue by allowing your FX35 to communicate directly (instead of wirelessly) with the fob.

djpces
Car: 2006 FX-35

No holster. It has the ignition switch which will accommodate the sleeve key to use when the key fob battery is dead, etc.. But the I tried the sleeve key also with the same no start result. Even with the key fob in my pocket, the ignition switch engages, the dash lights up, the ratio comes on, the power windows/sunroof work, but, the engine won't start as it apparently is not getting fuel. It is still working fine now after it apparently rest, but, I'm concerned about the next time. This event has occurred twice in the last year.

Rotora
Car: 2006 Infiniti FX35

I have the same year car and I've started having the same problem. I also would like to know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it. Until reading this, I was gonna replace the fuel pump. Now I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

mstasiow
Car: 2006 fx45

I have a 2006 FX45 and have been having the same problems. It happens very sporadically. I can't seem to figure out any trands. The engine cranks, the dash is on (radio, windows, etc work fine), but no start. Seems like the fuel pump is shut off... Wait 10 minutes and it starts without any problems. I tried playing around with the keyfob. Entering exiting the vehicle. etc. but not really sure if its the 10 minute wait of anything i've done to make it start again. Anyone has figured this out yet?

NICO2008FX35
Car: 2008 Infinity FX35 all wheel drive,Canada

I just purchased my Fx35 and have been having the same problem, :wtf2: :mad: i have hade my vihicle for three month's and its the second time that it does it,I was wonderring if anybody can help me out and tell me what they did to correct the problem,thank you for your help,Nick :mike

zerg711

This happened twice over my almost 7 years of ownership on my 06 FX35. Both of the times were due to weak battery. Replace the battery and see if it'll fix the problem :biggrin:

NICO2008FX35
Car: 2008 Infinity FX35 all wheel drive,Canada

I put the better battery listed for it from the dealer ! since early November never had the problem ! just last week end I installed a remote starter on it and everything was just fine,tonight started it with my remote let it warm up and got inside,I forgot to turn the ignition switch before applying the brake and it shut down,tried to start it manually and it did not want to know nothing after like 5 attempts out of coincidence it started and ran like nothing happened,i replaced the to batteries in my intelligent key fobs the first time it happened and it did not resolve my problem,any other Ideas, ! anybody ! Please ! I looking into maybe replacing the ac Module (accessory) Module ! But not sure of anything yet.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”