2006 Armada LE Suspension and AC Issues

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
orlyowl
Car: Nissan Armada

hi there, i have a 2006 armada LE, build date 03/06. recently, two problems have pissed me off and turned me into an alcoholic. seriously, i have never had so much to drink when trying to fix a problem. i am very mechanically inclined, so im a bit frustrated, to say the least. i hope you all can help!

Auto Leveling Suspention-

where do i start? this has been a problem with armada owners for YEARS. my truck seems to be sitting low. i have never heard the compressor kick on since i have owned it. i took it to the dealer, and they suggested i start by replacing the heigh sensor. i think that is bs. i got home and removed the sensor, started the truck, and tried fooling the pump to kick on. nothing. while this could be a failed sensor, i don't think so. i think there is a leak in one of the air lines, the pump ran constantly, burnt out, and now im left with a dead pump and a leak somewhere.

my question is this. what do i need to do to properly diagnose and repair this issue? i have checked the fuse in the cabin, relay behind the battery, and tried to fool the pump to nothing. i have a cypher and will scan it next time i have a chance to see if there are any error codes for the suspension.

Air Conditioning-

i have navigation, so i have the dials as follows: driver temp | fan speed | pass temp. all 3 of them have serious issues. i dont know if there is a problem with the knob, or the ac control unit itself. they are supposed to be spring loaded, but barely work anymore. i have a hard time in the winters getting the car heated and in the summer cooling it. what do i need to do to fix this?

thanks alot!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

A/C- I have no idea... maybe something to do with the heater control valve not completely opening/closing?

Compressor/Suspension:
The compressor should be bolted to the driver's side of the frame, in front of the rear wheel. There will be an electrical plug coming out of it, and 3 lines (one goes INTO the frame (intake I'm guessing), the other 2 go to the rear shocks).
I would start by taking that down (should be 2 bolts holding the compressor subframe to the frame) and seeing if you can get a pinout of the harness. Have you looked at the FSM for the car? There is a link in my signature that will take you there. If you can find a pinout, you can try and bench test the compressor. The FSM should also tell you what the signal from the height sensor should be.

Also, once you have the compressor out, you should be able to check the lines for any leakage. One runs up the frame rail a bit and into the driver's side shock, the other runs along a cross member to the passenger side.

Let me know if you need anything else, and I'll try and see what I can dig up.

orlyowl

thank you for the reply. can you go into some more details about this pinout and where to find it? what should i use to power it?

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/armada/2006_Armada/
Go there. That is a link to the factory service manual for your car. Normally, these are high dollar items, but NICO provides them to our members for free. It SHOULD be in one of those chapters. I'll take a look in my spare time.

EDIT: The chapter is RSU (Rear Suspension). Read that til your eyes bleed :)

orlyowl

i have the diagrams up, but i just dont know how to read this stuff...

its gibberish!!!

HELP PLEASE!!!! haha

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Skip all that crap, and go to RSU-12 and start reading. That's where your traditional troubleshooting comes into play.

orlyowl

i will report back with my findings.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”