2006 Altima 2.5 Standard Stereo Question About New Stereo Install

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
paulie boy
Car: 06 Altima 2.5SE

Hey all, this is my first post, this site looks great, very informative, i look forward to sharing anything i can to the site.

I just got a Jensen VM9312 Multimedia Reciever and I getting ready to install it (was going to myself, but not sure). I am pretty handy, but might just get it to the local audio shop for an install.

My question though is this: I have the special edition and it has the steering wheel controls (duh!) if i install this new unit, will i still be able to use the controls? ive read mixed answers, and im hoping ive come to the right place for the definitive one.

I saw that there is a PAC unit, but no idea what that does for me lol

Any other input would be appreciated, thanks all enjoy your weekend!

EDIT: if anyone on here has a shop in or near brooklyn, id come to u and give u the business. I'm hoping to get this done this weekend if possible.

mcgyver74

The car isn't difficult to put a radio in, but you will need a dash kit. As for the steering wheel controls well that's a 2 sided answer. It depends on if the radio has either 1) A IR remote or 2) A jack for a hard wired remote

If it has the IR or hard wired remote you can do the Steering wheel interface, However it is not for the newbie, if I remember correctly, on a Nissan you need to join a bunch of resistors to interface with the control unit that PAC sells, then need to program the unit. IT's not hard per-se, but the instructions that come with the PAC unit aren't exactly beginner friendly.

If you understand basic DC electronics (Positive, negative, and Ohms law) you can probably do this, However, If you are unsure,, its best to call a professional installer to do it, you will save yourself a bunch of headaches in the long run.Hope this helps

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

Hi everyone. Last month I picked up an '06 Altima 2.5SL with the leather package, sun roof etc. Love the car. First thing I did was install the factory fog light kit. Pretty easy, and it looks better than those 2 black eyes in the bumper. I also tinted the windows the day after I bought it. Now, talking about stereo's here, is it possible to install a NAV system without too much trouble? Can my current 6CD changer be replaced with a factory system without a lot of hassle, or is it better to go aftermarket?I did a quick search on this subject but didn't really see any answers. I also want to put a spoiler on it, but the dealer price is too high. Has anyone bought a spoiler from E-bay?Thanks.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”