2006 All-Nissan Invasion, Atlanta; My Impression of NOPI

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
GoSideways5
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx SE

I have to say I was very impressed at the dedication of nissan owners and nico members at NOPI. this was my first NOPI, and I'll definitely be there next year, hopefully with my car. The Nissan lot was definitely the best section there, and Nico was the best, if not only club. the only other club I really noticed was another Nissan group, that being Z1. But Nico had the best turn-out.I have to say I had a great time and met some really awesome people.Greg is a really great guy and I know worked his *** off getting this set up, along with Torry and the other mods. I give great thanks to them for this.The only thing I did have a problem with was the tire give-away going to a non-member honda owner...wtf man. I know it was a strange situation though and it just played out that way. and props to Stacey for telling off the little honda punk-*** on sunday. that was hilarious.So thanks to everyone at Nico for setting all this up and feeding us. and thanks to all the members who showed up and made this huge. lets make next year even....huger. is that a word? lets just make it big.

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Glad you could make it and have fun!

The tire situation was kind of odd how it played out, we'll figure out something better for next year... at least he didn't win the Advans right?

-Dan

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

This is the first time we've had anything to raffle off.

I promise, next year it will be done differently. We have already brainstormed some ideas on how to make it run much smoother.

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

Going to put the ol' chain and ball on the winners so they won't leave the lot??Or Bring my tippman a-5 paintball gun and shoot at them if they try to leave the lot?Or............

max4speed
Car: 06 M35X Loaded with EVERY option

I wish we had better gathering for the end of show presentation ceremony. I was tired of hearing FO SHOW and other lame car clubs

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

FaSho repped big time for (at least that I know) the second year in a row. They pushed us big time last year on number of registered cars. They had an excellent showing this year as well. You've got to give it to those guys as a local club, coming out in the numbers they do.

But I do agree, we need to make a much better showing at the awards ceremony.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

maxhopper97 wrote:FaSho repped big time for (at least that I know) the second year in a row. They pushed us big time last year on number of registered cars. They had an excellent showing this year as well. You've got to give it to those guys as a local club, coming out in the numbers they do.

But I do agree, we need to make a much better showing at the awards ceremony.
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with Fa Sho. Most of them are pretty cool guys. They stopped by our tent last year just to check us out and say Hi. That's a step beyond what any other "competing" club would do. They remind me of us.

And the cool thing about it, as hopper said, is that they pushed us, and likewise, we push them. We helped them at the awards ceremony this year (since we had no chance of winning that award), and they really appreciated it. It's nice to help another club out like that. One thing is for sure, for such a relatively small club, they know how to get people out to the show!

nissan_blood
Car: Striped s14

Funny thing is those tire are in my room now lol jk but they would have been

nchopp
Car: 2007 BMW M6
2002 Infiniti Q45
2005 Infiniti QX56

max4speed wrote:I wish we had better gathering for the end of show presentation ceremony. I was tired of hearing FO SHOW and other lame car clubs
See, that's the advantage of being local. None of them had 20 hour drives to get home. We (Seth, Tom, and I) were really bummed to miss it, but when you're looking at a 20 hour drive home and work the next day, it's just not possible.

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

yup, and we were 5 1/2 hours less than that.

Long drives for every1 west of the Mississippi!

-Dan

Return to “Past NICO Events”