2006 350Z Enthusiast Rear Bumper Replacement

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
AceFrehley03
Car: 1999 Infiniti QX4
2005 Infiniti QX56
2017 Infiniti QX80

Hey all, I just bought an '06 Enthusiast that had been introduced to another vehicle, and had the rear bumper broken out and the hatch lip folded up. (Full disclosure, I'm an engine guy but NOT a body guy.) Well, that's all well and good, so I went out and tore some parts off of a clean black (same color) '03. I'm now to the final step in the game, replacing this damned bumper and the five body clips that hold the top lip of the bumper up and kicking my rear. But there's a reason why, and maybe it's simple, maybe it's not. The three brackets to which the body clips are mounted were somewhat bent, and I'm having a difficult time getting them to sit where they need to go to get the bumper to go into place. Any ideas on this? Any tricks to install? There's a few removal videos on YouTube, but no install videos...

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

OK, I've looked around for a while and can't find anything either.

It is odd that it's so easy to find removal vids but not anything about installation. Have you checked any sites dedicated to body work? Having never personally removed it from a Z that's the only thing I can think of right now.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”