2006 2.5 ALTIMA GIVING A P0011 CODE.

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
mattdierks
Car: 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5L

The car acts like it has a rev-limiter or governor not letting it accelerate past 2000 rpms, which purely seems like a design result to protect the car from being ruined. Per online searches, I have changed the VVT Solenoid, and Cam sensor. I have a crank sensor bought as well, but have not installed it yet. Hoping not going to be needed for this issue. I changed the oil, and erased the code with my scanner and it ran great for 120 miles and then started doing it again. Is it the O2 sensors, or a clogged catalytic converter? Also, I cannot find any way to reset the oil life with this vehicle. It has no buttons to do so. It is a very "plain jane", stripped down model of 2006 Altima BTW.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

It's in "limp" mode, that's why it won't accelerate. If an oil change fixed it for awhile then it's very unlikely the problem is the cam or crank sensor. You most likely have a hydraulic issue in the timing cover, either a sludged oil passage or a leaky o-ring. If it's sludge then a flush may fix it. If that makes it worse and not better then it's probably a leak, so some thicker oil may help.

mattdierks

I have been reading that MAF sensors are a big "LIMP MODE" issue in these years of Altimas and the AM600 MAF sensor is the one to replace with?
I do not think the oil change had anything to do with the limp mode stopping. I erased/reset the code with my reader and that was when it would run
normal, but only briefly and that time is shorter and shorter now. One thing I have not done is find an oil life reset for this car. I watched videos where the 2006 Altima being worked
has an actual ok/reset button to the left of the steering wheel but this car does not have this. I say this because I wondered if the oil life was exceeded for too long then the
limp mode is a reminder to change the oil?

Anyway, I am going to try an ECU reset with the foot pedal. In addition, I have used MAF sensor cleaner on the MAF internally and noticed no change there either.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

P0011 positively cannot be caused by the MAF. The only possible causes are the IVT solenoid, cam or crank sensors, intake cam phaser, or an oil pressure issue in the timing cover.

mattdierks

Thank you, and I will pursue those! I appreciate your time and I will report back!

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”