2005 Transverse Link - Leaking???

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
cfamily
Car: Quest

Took a look under the van cuz there was blue/black drops of fluid under just where the driver sits. I see drops coming from the bushing at the back of the transverse link. I thought this would simply be a rubber bushing....does anyone know if this bushing contains any fluid?

Don't want to change the transverse link and find out the fluid is coming from somewhere else (though I don't see any potential sources near here).

Thanks, mike

cfamily
Car: Quest

Called the local dealer and asked if the bushing was rubber or liquid fillled.....he said rubber.

So I went back under there to find out where the fluid was coming from and there isn't anywhere else. I cleaned the rubber on the face of the bushing and noticed a bunch of hairline cracks in the face of the rubber. I took the flat edfe of my screwdriver and pushed on the bushing...fluid came running out. So they are viscous bushings, not just rubber.

So i called l the dealer back and asked how much for the lower control arm on the drivers side.....$250.

85,000 miles and it died....probably won't be long before the one on the passenger side goes.

Return to “Quest Forum”