2005 transmission problem

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
tcfscharles
Car: 2005 nissan titan

not a tech guy here. having problems with my transmission going in limp mode. the problem is the connector that goes on the passenger side of the transmission will work loose and nissan does not make the part anymore. it's the end of one of the wiring harnesses with a green cap. thanks for any help.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Welcome to NICO Club!

Sounds like you just need to freshen up a loose connector, is that right? Used parts from the junk yard can work. Taping the plug together or using zip or twist ties can work sometimes. Just hardwiring the stuff together or gluing it all together could be a last resort.

Got a picture?

tcfscharles
Car: 2005 nissan titan

It's called the f9 connector and of course nissan does not make the part anymore. It will be driving fine then all of a sudden it jumps out of gear then goes into limp mode. I put silicon around it but i would like to find a new one. There's not many junkyard's around my area and the one's i've checked don't have a titan in stock. Thanks for the help.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

There is a great company called Wiring Specialties... they make connectors of many shapes and sizes as well as full harnesses. They are super nice and have great customer service. I suggest giving them a call. They may have that specific connector. Ebay sometimes has used parts with pigtail harnesses and such, so a careful browse may help. There's always the work arounds I suggested as well as your silicon idea. Please let us know if you find one in either of those places. Good luck!

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”