2005 QX56 JAMMED!!! HELP!!!

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
marange
Car: 2005 qx56

I am deployed military overseas and there is no Infiniti dealership, so please any advice please consider this first. Ok here goes. First i just parked over night ,in the morning it failed to start .Checked Battery and starter all ok. Called some tech guy and he managed to get it started. Then he said he would check/service the [D .A.S .]driver authorization system. From there no more gears, the back-up camera went down. I dont know what to do please help is there a computer/software that i need to get. Willing to do anything at this point.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Welcome to Nico and Thank You for your service to our great Nation.

Hopefully we can try to help you a little bit here.

How did the tech you had take a look at the truck get it started?

There are so many things that can cause one of these trucks not to start in ideal conditions.
A few things to look at are
-The fuses connected to the positive battery terminal
-The IPDM (white computer fuse block assembly between the battery and the engine computer)
-Check for a RED truck indicator in the gauge area when cranking.

What happens when you turn the key on, and try to start it?

marange

The Service light will come on and sometimes it will start but will not engage into any gear. My main question though is can i order software/ computer system so they can use it here I dont know what to do. Thanks for your prompt reply.

marange

The Service light will come on and sometimes it will start but will not engage into any gear. My main question though is can i order software/ computer system so they can use it here I dont know what to do. Thanks for your prompt reply.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

I am not quite sure what you are talking about software computer system wise. There is a Nissan computer called a Consult 2 that you might need to have someone correctly diagnose this. They are not typically available but you might have better luck.

Buckshot

There are issue with relay in ipdmr but they will not cause trans not to operate just no start our dies

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Buckshot wrote:There are issue with relay in ipdmr but they will not cause trans not to operate just no start our dies
:confused: :confused:

Buckshot

Q451990 wrote:
Buckshot wrote:There are issue with relay in ipdmr but they will not cause trans not to operate just no start our dies
:confused: :confused:
The Nissans have the recall in them I am sure infinity does also

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”