2005 Quest - A/C cabin fan not blowing air

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Marcellus
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest

The van was parked a week ago working fine and today the A/C cabin fan will not blow air at any speed. When I turn the fan "on", I hear a click at the fusebox below the steering wheel. I turn the fan from on to lower and higher speeds and I get no air from the vents at any setting even though the LEDs show the fan speed increasing on the display. A/C compressor at the engine connects normally when A/C is switched on. The car was making a click at the blend door actuator for a few months now, but this is not related to the fan not blowing air at all.

I cannot get much info on this problem for a 2005 Quest, I just joined this forum and could appreciate some help to troubleshoot it. Thanks.

far raf
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest SE (standard? simple? edition - i.e. nothing special)

Dumb question, but did you check the fuses? I assume you did.
The folks on Honda forums have frequent problem with the power resistor going in the blower motors. Dunno if Nissans have them too, would be worth checking.

Marcellus
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest

I tried the fuses and changing the front blower relay. This van is supposed to have a resistor, but from what I read, the resistor is an issue when the blower only works at max speed. My blower does not work at any speed.

I remember that during last year, the blower would cut out suddenly for a few seconds and fire right back up as if nothing had happened. This would happen a few times a week, I just learned to live with it. I guess that the brushes on the blower were wearing out. I am thinking of opening the dash up, take out the blower (I heard it is a b**** to do) and I might as well change the brushes on the motor. The fix would cost less than $10 but the labor to remove/install the blower is supposed to be difficult. I could test the blower prior to removal if I can get a 12V wire into it and see if it turns, just to make sure the problem lies with the blower.

far raf
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest SE (standard? simple? edition - i.e. nothing special)

Oh, those intermittent electric problems that Nissan is so notorious for! Aren't they annoying?

Check the electric diagrams in the FSM and see if any relays involved, those relays may have intermittent problems as well, sometimes it is cheaper to just buy and replace a relay and see if it fixes the issue. My old 3d generation Maxima had a stalling problem due to the faulty ECU relay.

RACQuest
Car: 2009 Quest SE

Hi Marcellus,

I am getting ready to replace the front A/C blower motor on my son's 2009 Quest SE and just tried to make sense out of the Service Manual's directions. Did you find a better way to remove the front blower motor without dismantling a major part of the Dash?

Thanks
RACQuest

Return to “Quest Forum”