2005 pathy please help identify this part

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
sirmadpappi
Car: 2005 Nissan Pathfinder

Hi all new here looking for some help .I was installing a new tailpipe today and wouldn't you know it i broke something else :mad: :mad: :cry: . This what seems to be a brake line connector ? It got cut and you know the rest fluid everywhere . Does anyone know the name or part number for this ? my confusion is because the lines seem to be leaking brake fluid but they seem to go to the rear passenger side quarter panel. Anyways this picture is from underneath looking up at the tailpipe just behind the passenger side rear wheel Image thanks for the help

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

The flexible brake hose at the right rear is part number 46210-ZL80B. The images below are from Nissan Parts Deal.
Attachments
'05 Pathfinder Rear Brake Piping.JPG
46210-ZL80B.JPG

sirmadpappi

Thanks for the response but i am not sure that is correct . the part in my picture is metal tube connected to another metal tube with what looks like a hydraulic hose in between. the rubber? hose got cut and now it is leaking . if you look at the metal hose before the oily spot it looks exactly like that after the small piece of hose that connects the two around 1and 1/2 inch approx.

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

I thought something looked off but that brake hose assembly is the only flexible piece I could identify back there. Now I'm thinking this small length of hose may be a splice piece someone put in place to repair a broken metal brake line.

sirmadpappi

i thought the same thing for a minute but there are two pipes like that running side by side to that same exact spot and both have those flexible hose connections i will try a better look tomorrow i was hope for some clues tonight .. my ocd is totally owning me right now

sirmadpappi

After a good look ,some more pics and tons of swearing , I called Nissan and the parts guy and the tech there .. Who are awesome btw... Informed that this is a coolant/heat line for the rear heater what was not awesome was learning that this is one complete piece from Nissan the couplers are not sold separately . So now knowing it is coolant couldn't i just cut out the rotted hose coupling them together and replace with new radiator hose or something like that and some clamps ?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The short answer is yes. It may not be pretty, but it will work provided the metal tubes are still in good shape.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”