2005 Nissans over Atlanta; Some quick thoughts -

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Sitting on the plane in Memphis about to take off for Phoenix... some quick impressions:

The general consensus there was that we simply dominated. The best compliment I heard (and I heard it more than a few times) was "After we spent some time in the NICO area, the rest of the show paled in comparison."

Oops - wanted to type more - ready to take off - more later.

Discuss!

Final Drive

We had quality and quantity. Not to mention the hottest models!

Neejay

"After we spent some time in the NICO area, the rest of the show paled in comparison."

So very true. My girlfriend and I werent that much impressed when we walked around. Of course, we saw a few things that caught our attention or that made us just be in awe, but the REAL stuff was right there around us.

Greg, I would just like to say that you and the rest of the staff did a HELL of a job organizing and setting everything up. Congrats man, and I hope we do it again next year (if money and time permits you ) Hopefully my ca18det swap will be completed. Regardless, I'd definitely enter the show again and register under NICO.

Carl H
Car: 1995 240SX SE RB30DET

i think the lack of rice in the nissan section was what did it.of all the cars there i loved the vh45dett z32 that slim did as well as that custom 'vert' altima.........

USsil80

did nico win any awards???????????... so sorry i missed it d@mn plannng for a wedding

PSGAL05
Car: Acura RSX type S

It was without a doubt a great time..and the NICO area was without a doubt soo much fun to be around...

I also want to say it was so great to meet everyone and put faces with names....I feel like some great friendships have started and many more to come! Thanks to everyone...everyone did such a great job in putting everything together and having

All the cars were great...some really really impresive cars...and def a wide range of years and models.

So 2 thumbs up to NICO!!

Maverick7687
Car: Sagemist(FSO) 1998 Maxima SE & Charcoal Metallic(KG2) 1993 240sx & My newly aquired Pearl White 1990

So very true, I stayed around the NICO area most of the time, me and Jason walked around the track once, neither of us were that excited. The only other times I left that lot was to go with Mike to watch the hydraulic competetion, which was cool because I got to see an S-10 jump on its side....and saw a 391hp Dodge truck on the dyno. But the NICO area was by far the best.. and definately had the best models. I am sitting here watching the 35 minutes of video I got. Thanks to Greg, Dr. Birkmire, Torry, Fred, and my memory just now quit on me so I can't think of anymore names but thanks to all the people who helped set this up and make it great. I had a blast and hope to do it again. Soon

Mav

xoxNICOchicxox

NICO picked up an award! and a mighty TALL trophy to prove it! cant wait to see the pics guys. oh yea and thanks for the "hott model" comment!! I had a HELL of a TIME!!!! Cant wait for future shows...oh and just to let you know I have offically added a new e-mail "[email protected]" gotta represent!

Maverick7687
Car: Sagemist(FSO) 1998 Maxima SE & Charcoal Metallic(KG2) 1993 240sx & My newly aquired Pearl White 1990

One of the models, The blonde I think, kept talking about stealing Scott's Z, I thought that was pretty funny.

Mav

xoxNICOchicxox

Maverick7687 wrote:One of the models, The blonde I think, kept talking about stealing Scott's Z, I thought that was pretty funny.

Mav
the "blonde" would be me!! any yes...i WILL steal scotts z! I'm in love with it!

Maverick7687

Thought it was you, not sure why, just had that feelin... And yea, that car is amazing. I liked his Hon..err..Nissan Civic..Ha, gotta upload pics of that..they will be on here in a few mintuesMav

Maverick7687

This isnt a picture thread so I will just post the link, I will put the images in the other thread.

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/...d.JPGh ... t/...d.JPG

Mav

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I personally think this meet was the best thing Ive ever done/helped with... Heres a few quick things i noticed as outstanding.....

1. The cars werent the main focus to the NICO guys..... People were standing around the cars, but thats not all we were talking about! Up to this point, I thought all this "its all about the people" was kinda stupid, but it really is the case... I said to greg, we would have had nearly as much fun if there were no cars there......!

2. Everything went really smooth, we didnt really have any major snaffeus or anything...

3. The cars there *were* amazing, some of the best ive ever seen.. Usually nissan meets are dominated by 240s, but the G35/350Z's are taking over BIG TIME..... The 700HP G35..... OH MY SPIRITS! I needed a change of pants, and that car was the only thing keeping me from voting my Q as the "best infiniti"...

4. Liz, the blonde model, was cool as hell...

5. The dinner was very JDM golden.....

6. The T shirt thing was golden... EVERYONE had a NICO shirt and we had SO many people come to the booth saying "where can I get one of those shirts, everyone has them".

7. best compliment we got (and I agreee with) "I hung out here, then we walked around the entire place and it was disappointing, so we came back here....." how JDM is that???

All in all, it was so worth the $80 reg fee, $220 in gas, 1400 miles on my car, and 22 hours of driving..... I would do it again in a HEARTBEAT..... Its pretty cool that I can now see even more NICO members, see them post, and actulaly puta face with a screenname.....

xoxNICOchicxox

ha ha, I love that the Hond...Nis...whatever is huggin the trashcan!

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Actually we had it blocking the generator for the the pure evil Z!

xoxNICOchicxox

oh and thank you!! I HAD A BLAST and am looking forward to working with yall in the future!

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

as far as im concerned, we could have only had you as the other ones didnt do aynthing (and did they even show up yesterday?)

Maverick7687

elwesso wrote:I personally think this meet was the best thing Ive ever done/helped with... Heres a few quick things i noticed as outstanding.....

1. The cars werent the main focus to the NICO guys..... People were standing around the cars, but thats not all we were talking about! Up to this point, I thought all this "its all about the people" was kinda stupid, but it really is the case... I said to greg, we would have had nearly as much fun if there were no cars there......!

2. Everything went really smooth, we didnt really have any major snaffeus or anything...

3. The cars there *were* amazing, some of the best ive ever seen.. Usually nissan meets are dominated by 240s, but the G35/350Z's are taking over BIG TIME..... The 700HP G35..... OH MY SPIRITS! I needed a change of pants

5. The dinner was very JDM golden.....

6. The T shirt thing was golden... EVERYONE had a NICO shirt and we had SO many people come to the booth saying "where can I get one of those shirts, everyone has them".

7. best compliment we got (and I agreee with) "I hung out here, then we walked around the entire place and it was disappointing, so we came back here....." how JDM is that???

All in all, it was so worth it, I would do it again in a HEARTBEAT..... Its pretty cool that I can now see even more NICO members, see them post, and actulaly puta face with a screenname.....
Agreed 100% Didn't cost me quite that much to go, but it was still worth what I did spend. My little brother better be thankful..I decided to be nice and just mark this trip up on my good deeds list for him so his trip was 100% free.

Mav

Maverick7687

elwesso wrote:as far as im concerned, we could have only had you as the other ones didnt do aynthing
I agree with that too. Liz, I didnt talk to you much, except for a couple words here and there, but still though you were cool as hell. I thought all the NICO people there were great people. I don't remember finding one ******* in the whole NICO crew, and if I did, the good far outnumbered to the point where I dont remember it. Awesome people, awesome cars, awesome food, JDM tyte shirts, great models, who were also nice(not the normal "better than you" attitude of most models..I liked that) what more could you ask for?

Mav

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Mav, im trying to remember, which one were you, did we ever chat??? Im a bit slow when it comes to names.....

Maverick7687

I was the one talking to Jonathan when you first got to the hotel.

Mav

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

i dont remember..... Johnathan was Rex's son, right?

xoxNICOchicxox

awe thanks!! Liz was there the 2nd day (the other one, with the black hair) she was busy signing her poster a lot the second day! but I am not sure if she stayed all day! The other girls are awesome too! Theres no reason for snooty attitudes, we are all there for the same reason!! ..the love of the cars!!

Maverick7687

Yeah..we were right in front of the elevators when you came in..when Fred, Rex, and someone else were at the drink machine or something.. Dont ask how I remember that, I normally have a terrible memory too. Strange..

Mav

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

You were standing there with mike, yes?

I cant get a visual...

heelsfan007
Car: Black 2005 350Z Enthusiast 6MT

Wow. This was my first NICO meet (hell, I've only been registered for like, three weeks), and also my first NOPI. All in all, it was one of the most fun and exciting weekends I think I have ever experienced. The people were cool, the models, well, model (sorry, I didn't get your name) was hot, and the cars (especially the Nissans) were spectacular. Everyone at NICO was really cool (at least the people I had a chance to speak with), and overall, I had a blast. I'm already looking forward to next year's event, and will hopefully be able to attend other NICO events in the meantime. That being said, I really need to get started modding the Z. If there had been an award for "stockest Z/G" I would have had it locked down. Dissappointing. Anyway, it was great to meet everyone, and I hope to get to know all of you better in the future.

colies97~240sx
Car: 1997 Nissan 240SX - Black

WOW is the first thing that comes to mind. Simply awesome! Well worth the 1,000 mile drive and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was great getting to meet everyone and put faces with names, as well as seeing old friends that I haven’t seen in over a year. We simply don't see each other enough. I still feel like I didn't get to talk to everyone one. The heat and sun didn’t help much with that one. But for those I did meet, it was great to meet you and I hope to see you all at future meets. It reminds me of why I like NICO so much, in the years that I have been a member I have always felt welcome. Thanks to all the Mods and Admins for the hard work, effort, and money they put into this event. It truly showed. Looking forward to the next one! Awesome cars + good friends = the best time evar!-Nicole
Modified by colies97~240sx at 4:17 PM 9/19/2005

heelsfan007
Car: Black 2005 350Z Enthusiast 6MT

heelsfan007 wrote: If there had been an award for "stockest Z/G" I would have had it locked down. Dissappointing.
Just to clarify, that was a joke...

Maverick7687

colies97~240sx wrote:WOW is the first thing that comes to mind. Simply awesome! Well worth the 1,000 mile drive and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was great getting to meet everyone and put faces with names, as well as seeing old friends that I haven’t seen in over a year. We simply don't see each other enough. I still feel like I didn't get to talk to everyone one. The heat and sun didn’t help much with that one. But for those I did meet, it was great to meet you and I hope to see you all at future meets. It reminds me of why I like NICO so much, in the years that I have been a member I have always felt welcome. Thanks to all the Mods and Admins for the hard work, effort, and money they put into this event. It truly showed. Looking forward to the next one! Awesome cars + good friends = the best time evar!-Nicole

Modified by colies97~240sx at 4:17 PM 9/19/2005
Your car is on my video..at least it looks like yours... Very clean.

Mav

colies97~240sx
Car: 1997 Nissan 240SX - Black

Maverick7687 wrote:
Your car is on my video..at least it looks like yours... Very clean.

Mav
Yup, that was probably me... Thanks

Return to “Past NICO Events”