2005 Nissan Murano SS AWD Issue

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
mrgamer
Car: 2005 Nissan Murano SS AWD

We recently (about two months ago) starting having our '05 Murano (150k miles) acting up. It originally started when we were driving the engine would "stutter" a second then keep going. The stutter caused it to lose power and when it stopped you could feel the car "jump" as it returned to normal then would be fine. As we drove it to the mechanic the stutters were worse and turned into a pause where the engine would get no acceleration at all while in drive, but in neutral you could rev the engine and everything acted fine. As you switched it from neutral to drive it at first would drive, then pause and you had to repeat the process until eventually it just died completely, requiring a tow.

We replaced the battery on the car, cam sensors, then the alternator and now the wiring. My mechanic said the battery is showing the correct voltage but the amp is too low, which is causing issues. AutoZone claims the battery is fine because the voltage is fine, so they refused to replace anything. As I drove it home from AutoZone it began it's original issues, it pauses and has no acceleration. Once I put it into neutral it allows me to rev the engine, then switch back to drive (once rpm is down) and it'll drive for a bit. My mechanic is still saying the battery is the issue and will check it later tonight.

Is there anything, outside the battery, that needs to be checked or could be causing these issues? :sad:

Return to “Murano Forum”