2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 cold starts

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
freddykruguer
Car: 2005 Nissan Atima 3.5

Every day if my car is not running for an hour or less , it will take longer to start . What I notice is , if I take off the gas cap , it will start right away .
no codes and new spark plugs, any suggestions? Thanks

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

Its been a while but id say that is the tank purge solenoid stuck open. There is line that puts fuel vapor into the engine for burning. It has a valve on it normally called the purge valve solenoid. Id suggest just driving and waiting for a code. The code hopefully tell you which valve has malfunctioned. Maybe google purge solenoid altima 3.5. Ill get back if I did up some stuff.

lexcrob

Its been a while but id say that is the tank purge solenoid stuck open. There is line that puts fuel vapor into the engine for burning. It has a valve on it normally called the purge valve solenoid. Id suggest just driving and waiting for a code. The code hopefully tell you which valve has malfunctioned. Maybe google purge solenoid altima 3.5. Ill get back if I did up some stuff.

lexcrob

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”