2005 Infiniti G35 6MT-Stuck clutch, leather wearing, snapped lock nut, etc

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
mycocaine
Car: Infiniti G35 2005 M6

Posted this before, incorrect title, sorry.

Okay... love the car... but I'm having some issues.

Firstly... I've seen the other posts about the sticking clutch. I was ripping around... about 14K into the engine (1 year 4 mths old) and going through 2nd gear, the clutch stopped about an inch off the deck. I didn't realize this until I was almost at the red line and ready to go into 3rd gear... at which point... when I didn't feel any pedal... I slowed down... put it in neutral and pulled over. The stench that emanated from my car was brutal. It's been a week and when I push the clutch in with the (auto) vents on, I get that burning smell. Not happy. I've been driving stick for 15 years and I've never had this problem (Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Cavalier Z24, Mustang, Nissan Sentra SE). I was talking to a buddy tonight who has a 2003 350Z and he said he had that happen to him about 6 months ago. I was happy to hear that in a way. It's not just me, or my car. I have no clue what rpm I was at, I was merely letting it go in 2nd gear and it caught, the clutch stuck, I got it going faster, ready for 3rd, and I realized there was something wrong.

Secondly. As noted above, low mileage, not very old, and my driver seat is wearing out on the left side. The dealership took a picture, but no response. Any ideas? The lower left side of the leather steering wheel is wearing as well. I don't wear sandpaper pants or anything of the sort, just nomex, and I'm not joking.

Thirdly. The MP3 Bose soundsystem. Yeah, MP3 CDs, whatever. My CD player is in and out so often that I've decided to just use the Ipod alone (don't even go there, I know it's one of the worst products ever, but Bose, c'mon). I'm still waiting for a new CD player... 6 months +.

Fourth. There is a tinny sound sometimes when I let the clutch out. Not all the time. But I get a sort of "pop", like that of clicking a bent bottlecap (know what I mean?). They say they investigated, but nothing came of it. I'll have to get a tech in the car with me and drive around a bit I guess.

Lastly. My lock nuts, I was putting my summer tires on two weeks ago (by hand) and I broke about a quarter off the lock nut. Nissan product?, they still charged my $40 for a new set. Thank goodness it was on the final tire, and I wasn't riding around on winter tires to the dealership (about 2 clicks away) with one or two 19 inch summers. They kind of screwed me in a way. They told me I was putting the lock nut on wrong. But when I look at the lock nut and the lock key they fit... the key actually ripped about a 1/4 inch into the base and the lock nut snapped. Nissan told me they had never seen anything like it. All 165 lbs of me... I gotta lay off the spinach I guess.

Any help is welcomed. The thing that irks me the most is the stuck clutch. Can Infiniti do anything about that or am I kinda screwing myself if I say something to them.

Crash and burn.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Welcome aboard!

My first advice would be to avoid any discussion of "racing" with the dealer. Go to a different one if you must, but that clutch issue should be resolved under warranty ASAP.

Let us know if your dealership declines.

Same with the seat wear.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”