2005 G35 6MT Transmission/Clutch Concerns

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
ATLG356MT
Car: 2005 G35 Coupe 6MT

I have seen a few variations of this problem mentioned here but none of them are quite the same as what I am experiancing. As mentioned I have a G35 6MT that currently has 17,000 miles on it. I have had it for a month and have felt that something is wrong with the vehicle from day 1. My concerns as follows:1.) when taking off from a dead stop under heavy acceleration I hear a slight clicking noise. i believe this to be related to the axel TSB that I have read about.2.) At the same time while the clicking is present I can hear a bending metal sound that may be the frame flexing??? Possible the suspention.3.) when comming to a stop I have a crazy vibration comming from the passenger side front wheel.4.) And new to the list I have been noticing that when I shift from 1-2 I can feel it catch second gear in the shifter, as if the clutch isn't fully disengaged. It almost feels like a bad sencronizer on the Transmission. I get the sensation in no other gears.

I had a thought that I could possibly have a bad transmission mount or something. I have an appointment with the dealership Monday AM, but would appreciate some unbiased opinions and/or information. Thank you for your time, - Parker

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”