2005 Frontier electrical schematic / wiring diagram

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
Wildlife
Car: 2005 Nissan Frontier SE

I'm new to the Nissan family, just bought a 2005 Frontier SE 4X4. It needs a few repairs to get it 100%. I found the Service Manual section on NICO and downloaded all the manual sections, but I didn't see a full electrical schematic in that manual. Does such a thing exist?

Is there even a manual section that has all the partial schematics?

Thanks - looking forward to lots of good times with my new (to me) truck!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There generally isn't a comprehensive diagram like the old "foldouts" for stuff between about '95~'16. For '17 Nissan started giving them to us again, but only for the new HTML manuals and not the PDF's here in Nico. Fact is, they're so monstrous on the newer cars that they're almost unusable, so we rarely reference them. The stuff you'll use most is all in the PG section (Power, Ground and Circuit Elements). That has the fuse layouts, Bat/Ign/Acc supply diagrams, ground diagrams, and harness layouts. The only time it can get confusing is when a power circuit feeds multiple sub-circuits, like the Taillamp Relay also feeding the interior backlights. The TL and INL diagrams won't show the cross connection, so the trick is to always check PG when chasing opens or shorts. That will give you the whole skinny on where every power circuit goes. It's not a bad system once you get used to it.

Welcome to Nico! :dblthumb:

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”