2005 350Z Grand Touring

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
mioducki

Hi,
I'm new to this forum, and I'm interested in purchasing a 2005 or 2006 Grand Touring Roadster. I have two questions, one I think I may have answered by looking at the specification sheets listed on your site. First, was the burnt orange leather/mesh seats standard or an option? From a very old brochure which I no longer have, I thought the orange was the only option and the distinguishing look of a Grand Touring. But I have see Grand Tourings for sale with different colors, so I must be incorrect. And your site lists orange as optional. Second, I'm looking at a car now that is a Grand Touring, have Brembo brakes, and black five spoke wheels. Was this wheel original as standard or an option as opposed to after market? Thanks!
Bob

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

The roadsters got slightly different options. My 06 GT (coupe) came with black leather and staggered 18x9 and 19x10 5 spoke wheels and brembo brakes. I'm not sure what was standard on the roadster GT, it certainly should have had the brembos but what wheels and seats I can't say.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Prior to 2006 there was no grand touring version of the Z. The 2005 & earlier touring trim didn't have the Brembos (they were only available on the track model, not even the "performance" trim had Brembos :tisk: ) and the track version didn't have leather or navigation. The closest model that was available was what I have, the 2005 35th Anniversary Edition. It had the touring features such as leather, navigation and the Bose stereo along with the Brembo brakes. What it didn't come with that the future grand touring model were forged wheels, instead the 35th AE had what are now commonly called the Touring version 2 wheel (that became the standard wheel for all non-track & non-GT editions in 2006).

If you're looking for a 2005 model you could do what I did and find a 35th AE and then pick up some of the forged track wheels. I can't tell you how nice it is to have two sets of wheel & tires. one set for warm weather and one set for cold.

Welcome to NICO! :badger

rob00000

BusyBadger wrote:Prior to 2006 there was no grand touring version of the Z. The 2005 & earlier touring trim didn't have the Brembos (they were only available on the track model, not even the "performance" trim had Brembos :tisk: )
I'm not sure why everyone says that. I really don't. I've been to a couple of Z forums so far & I find threads like this with people claiming they never made a 2005 Grand Touring version.

I have a copy of a Nissan article where Nissan said they were going to offer a Grand Touring model in 2005 mid year & that's what they did.

From the information I've been able to gather the 2005 Grand Touring was only available in a Roadster model with a 6 speed transmission & it DID come STANDARD with BREMBO brakes, LEATHER seats, BOSE stereo with 7 speakers & 6 CD changer. Maybe they made a hardtop who knows?

Why am I so sure of myself? Simple: My neighbor bought one brand new in 2005 & I purchased it from him in November 2014. It's mint with 22K on it & it's sitting in my garage right now. That's all the proof I need.

It came standard with brembo brakes, leather seats, Bose stereo with 7 speakers, 6 CD changer & 18" wheels. It was the most expensive model available in 2005 even more expensive then the 35th anniversary model. The MSRP for a 2005 Grand Touring Roadster with no additional options on it was $39,200.00.

Mine also has a few extra options on it like the navigation system a $2000.00 option. The Ultra Yellow paint was an extra $500. The total window sticker price was $42,700.00. My 2005 Grand Touring Roadster was manufactured "mid year" exactly when Nissan said they would start producing them. It was manufactured in January 2005 & my neighbor purchased it off the showroom floor in March of 2005.

Yes, 2005 Grand Touring Roadsters exist!

ABCjr
Car: 2005 350Z Grand Touring Roadster

Hi all,
I'm a new forum member.
rob00000 is correct. I own a 2005 350z Grand Touring Roadster 6 speed (red). Yes, it is equipped exactly as rob00000. It has Gold colored Brembos ,18" wheels, bose stereo, as well as the nav. system,etc.

I hope this clarifies the 2005 Grand Touring question.

regards,
Andy

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

I've been meaning to get back to this thread for a while now.

I, along with all the other sources claiming the 2005 GT 350Z doesn't exist, was wrong. I ran some VIN numbers of vehicles being referred to as Grand Touring models and they popped up that way during the VIN check. I'd never heard of them prior to 2006. If anyone has production numbers on it I'd actually like to know what they were.

Thanks go out to rob00000 for being so adamant that it the GT wasn't some Loch Ness Monster someone just imagined and to ABCjr for backing him up!

rob00000

BusyBadger, the sweet thing about it is I HAVE THE ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER for my car! It reads "2005 Z RDSTR GRAND TR" in the top left hand corner of the sticker.

My rare window sticker seals the deal. There is no question they made one.

Remember, Nissan said the GT would be made available in mid 2005 & only as a 6 speed roadster. Both mine & ABCjr are just that!

Thanks ABCjr & BusyBadger.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”