2004 QX56 Engine Swap... HELP!!!

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Diegoac12
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX56

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :patriot: :newbie:

I need help big time. please?..... I have a 2004 Inifiniti QX56 and I need to swap out the engine.
I would like to know which engine from which model will fit into this car without having to reprogram the ECM?
I am asking for models from Nissan or another Infiniti QX56 like maybe an 05' for example?
I know that things change in some cars from years to years and some remain the same.
Do I have to buy the engine from the same model year only?
Any information is highly appreciated, thank you very much in advanced. :yesnod
I have been looking from forum to forum so I decided to post it.

My SUV's V.I.N is 5N3AA08A34N801029

marctronixx

look at titan, armada,qx56 engines from the same year. those models and years were made on the same line.

Diegoac12

some selling the engine online just told me the 2007 would work, is this true? i have looked at the engines from the same year but i wanted one with less mileage.

marctronixx

yes 2004-2010 armada/titan/qx56 were birthed on the same line in mississippi.

Diegoac12

To whomever sees this post, and relates. the car finally started yesterday. after a long battle with the truck. The engine was swapped for an engine from the same model and same year.
- the wiring hardness belonged to an AWD and mine was RWD. what i learned was that It does not matter that there are extra plugs, because if the car does not code/require them it won't even notice them. but if it does require them and does not have them, the computer will pick it up in a sec.
- the code U1000 & u1001 is usually for bad ground connections as anyone will tell you, however, their locations evade big time. there are 2 right under the steering wheel on the walls that hold a plate above your knees. the easiest to notice is on the left side behind the lift gate switches.
- there are 3 grounds around the battery bay area, two on the fender wall and one right between the battery and the ipdm under the mass amount of wires.
- there are three on the left side of the engine bay, on the inner wall of the engine bay below the intake box, need to remove intake and also fan shroud.
- another note, this cars mean business, the damn truck WILL NOT start with a weak battery, it must be fully charged, i had to buy a new one and even with that i had to charge it to the max.
- if the car cranks and does not turn over, check the spark, if it sparks once and only once, after every time you hit the ignition, replace the ECM relay on the IPDM. you know what replace it either way, it is only $3 at the dealer.
- if the car still does not turn on but cranks non stop, check the DAMN camshaft sensors and crankcase sensor. In the end after 6 months of war with my truck, it was the DAMN crankcase sensor. picked one up at Advaced auto for $30.00 after all the struggle and jumping the truck and 6 months of wrecking my brain. a BMW mechanic told me to replace both sensors, i only had to replace one to get it started.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”