2004 Nissan Sentra No Start? P0340?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Shock132
Car: 2001 Nissan Maxima GLE
2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S

Hello!

My girlfriend has a 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S and she's recently been having trouble starting it. It all started when the car started bucking under acceleration and even stalling when coming to a stop light, however that was a rare occurrence. I scanned the codes using my Nissan Data Scan II and it read P0340 which meant the camshaft sensor needed replaced. I bought a Hitachi CPS0001 sensor and replaced it, with no difference in starting, it just cranked. After some research, it led me to believe that the crankshaft sensor needed replaced seeing as they're the same sensor, so I replaced that as well, also with no change. Out of curiosity, I put the old camshaft sensor back in and it started for about 2 seconds, then died and now will just sputter slightly when cranking. I took a data recording with the NDS II on my computer with me cranking it trying to start if that's of any use.

The fuel pump is activating and was even replaced around 2 months ago, the air filter is clean, and I'm completely lost with what to try next. Is there anything I can test? And why does it try to start with the old sensor, yet just cranks with the new one?

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies. I greatly appreciate it! :)

Christian

LlauraSentra2007
Car: Nissan Sentra 2007

Hi I just read your post and I am having the same problem with my 2007 Sentra. Multiple towing and $800 later and no better, New crankshaft sensor, new camshaft sensor, new air intake hose,,,,codes cleared and I got it back at Xmas and two days later same thing. engine light comes on and then It almost turns over and it dies and then somedays it starts right up.....In shop again and they are stumped (that's never good) so they will be looking at timing chain and engine combustion and compression

Any Ideas?
thanx

ahsan
Car: Nissan Skyline GTR 89'
Nissan Sentra 14'

Early MRs with high mileage might have bad coil packs and or spark plugs. Try that and see if that might work.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”