2004 M45 - Idle Issue

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
julesva5

Question on an idle issue I'm having:

Here's the issue:

After driving for a while, when I come to a stop, with the car still in Drive, it will periodically "shudder". Almost like it's stalling, but the tach does not move at all. If I put it in Neutral while it's behaving this way, it does not do it.

I have had a TON of work done to this car to potentially resolve this issue - from new fuel injectors, to new manifolds, air sensors, replacing a bunch of rotted hoses (it was a SoCal car before me), tune up, etc.

I'm thinking now this may have something to do with the clutch? It doesn't always do it, and it never stalls when it is doing it. Just feels like something is missing or slipping or something - then it comes back to normal idle. And it doesn't happen while I'm actually driving it. Only at a stop, still in drive - like while sitting at a red light.

Has anyone experienced similar and actually solved it. Again, with all the engine work I've had done, but only other thought is something tranny related?

HELP!!!!

Thanks,

Mark

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if these cars have an Idle Air Control Valve, but if they do, has that been cleaned/adjusted?

eds13
Car: 89 240sx Hatch, 07 Armada LE, 06 M35x, 97 C35 Laurel, 94 JDM Q45

Mine has a new throttle body on it because of "idle issues". Previous owner installed it before i purchased it.

RedNeck815
Car: 2003 M45

Check to make sure you hoses for your vacuum lines are correct. Also see if they can clear self learn with a scan tool. Also have them reset volume air learn. I do believe that you can set idle Rpm with a scan tool

julesva5

Thanks all - I will check all these ideas out - appreciate the help here!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I didn't have this happen on my 2003 M45 (same Y34 chassis), so can't offer any direct help here.

What I would suggest looking at is the transmission fluid level ... and consider ding a powered flush using with Mobil 1 Synthetic Transmission Fluid. About 14 quarts, as I recall to do the job right. And, if you do a complete change, you will need more quarts.

The dealers have a system that cycles through the gears while flushing, so that a decent amount of the fluid is swapped out ... about 60 to 70 percent. A simply drain and fill is not the same, by the way - that only gets about 40 to 50% of the fluid changed out!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”