2004 INFINITI QX 56 BRAKE PROBLEMS... HELP PLEASE

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
hotmustard
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX 56

Hello,

New to the forum and am a new owner of a 2004 Infiniti QX 56.

I have owned the vehicle for nearly 3 months and all of a sudden I have been experiencing a brake problem.

At random times, it is difficult to bring the vehicle to a stop. There is a slight metal rattle noise while pressing the brake pedal all the way down while trying to come to a stop. The brake light comes on. There is no shaking of the steering wheel or vehicle.

After the brake problem occurs, a restart of the vehicle will make the brake light go away and the truck drives fine.

After the first occurance, the repair shop said that the rotors were warped.I had the new rotors installed.

I get the car back and within 2 days, same issue.

I have been searching the internet for a solution and seems like a lot of people are experiencing the same issue.

I was wondering, has a permanent fix to this problem been found?

I have installed BRAND NEW rotors 2 days ago with no fix to the problem.

Is it suggested to upgrade to larger rotors and brakes for this model year?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Socaldiablo
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX56 - Black on Willow
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Black on Black
2006 Ducati ST3
2008 Kawasaki KLX450r

What's the mileage of your truck and what type of repair shop installed the new rotors and were they Infiniti rotors or some other brand? The rotors that originally came with the truck were inadequate and Infiniti has since come out with replacement rotors that are of much better quality. I don't think you need to upgrade to larger rotors ...the newer release rotors are really good (I have them on my 04' QX56).Your issue sounds more of a computer related/electronic issue. Was the repair shop able to see the same issues you see with it? When you say the brake light was coming on, do you mean the parking brake light or the ABS brake light? I don't think there is any other dash light for brakes.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

There is a TSB that addresses this. The fix is to have the dealer reprogram the ABS module. The dealer should be familiar with it. Its unlikely an independent mechanic wil be aware of this type of issue, let alone have the capability of repairing it.

In the meantime, if it happens again, you don't have to worry that your car won't stop. It feels odd, but ultimately when the error occurs, the ABS is going to be active anytime you press the brakes at anything but a light touch.

lbrewer
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX56

This problem is a class action lawsuit - information at the page below. Just happened to me last night. Exactly as you describe, and costs over 1000.00 to fix.

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit- ... on-lawsuit

t.roe
Car: QX56

I have had the same problem with my vehicle, 2006 Infiniti QX56. After becoming fed up that the Infiniti dealer cannon diagnose the problem I have taken upon myself to report it to the NHTSA & US Dept of Transportation. They have had a lot of complaints about this problem already. The more that are brought to their attention the more likely they are to make a ruling for a recall.

Please file your complaint here:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleCo ... ndex.xhtml

iirviing

I have the same problem. So what is it we have to do? Will the dealer fix this?

Raina
Car: Infiniti QX 56 2006

EVERYONE Must report this to have anything ever done. No matter when the problem took place. Please ask everyone so we can get help with brake failure. My 2006 QX56 had complete brake failure August 24,2016 with my young children in the car. Infiniti said to bad, there are no codes and I'm out of warranty range:((

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

jenmorris1201
Car: Infiniti QX56 2006

I've had the same problem for over a year now with my 2006 Infiniti QX56! I have filed a complaint with Infiniti as well as NHSTA. My vehicle is at the infiniti dealership now having the recalls completed on it so I talked to them about what problems I have had with it. They are charging me to look at it and stated they will let me know my final amount when they find out what's going on with it. I'm not a happy customer right now! The brakes went out on me 4 times in one day this past weekend with my kids in the car! I'm done messing around with it, something needs to be done by Infiniti and it shouldn't come out of my pocket!

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”