2004 350z o2 or cam solenoid

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
BertiSkyys
Car: 04 350z

Hello. I just bought this car a month ago . My o2 senors set off my check engine light on both banks. Well when I bought the car the exhaust was redone. The guy cut the old o2 senors and bought new ones and used clothes hangers to hang them. Causing them to not read. Well yesterday after I got my oil done. My car lost power and died at a red light. For no reason. I soon started it up again and left it in idle. It died. I took it to auto zone for a free reading and I have 13 codes all o2 related. I took it back to the place that did my oil thinking they did somthing they shouldn't have. A man was very courteous in helping me find the problems. When he moved my cam solenoid senor. It wiggles. He started the car up and played with it. It ran for a little longer. Then died again. So I'm thinking it's that cam solenoid.

Ps only has 67k miles

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

If you have o2 codes you should fix the o2 problems, you might well have a cam solenoid issue as well but I'd start by fixing what you know is broken.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”